Nordic characters in for example Yle Areena subtitles. (1 Viewer)

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Country flag
    Hi.

I had Ä ä ö Ö showing like ä etc...

I changed line 2452 in GuiOnlineVideos.cs, ie.

Code:
     string subs = string.IsNullOrEmpty(playItem.Video.SubtitleText) ? Sites.SiteUtilBase.GetWebData(playItem.Video.SubtitleUrl) : playItem.Video.SubtitleText;
    to
    Code:
    string subs = string.IsNullOrEmpty(playItem.Video.SubtitleText) ? Sites.SiteUtilBase.GetWebData(playItem.Video.SubtitleUrl, null, null, null, true, false, null, null) : playItem.Video.SubtitleText;

meaning forcing utf-8.

Now characters are presented Okay.

Br,

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hm we can't use this as a generic fix, because it forces all downloaded subtitles to utf-8, which might be wrong. We have to options to set subs on a video, once as url and once as the actual text - using the later would give the chance to use a custom encoding.
    Calling @doskabouter :)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Strange, I thought Yle areena was down, can you verify please?
    If it's working, I can transform the text to utf-8 in the util

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Great!

I've fixed the subtitle issue. I can't test it here due to geo-restrictions. Can you check if it's working ok?

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Country flag
    Yes. Sure,Thanks.

I'm going to weekend trip, but, i'll test it when I get back in Monday

Br,

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Country flag
    Hi.

I reverted my changes, and fetched all updates, and compiled
    new dll's, but Mp says that Onlinevideos is not compatible with this version of
    MediaPortal. Is assemblyinfo.cs that I should change for correct version number
    or, where?

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Country flag
    You'll need revision 2835 of that file if you want it to work with MP 1.3
    Okay, I was trying to test doskabouter fix for yle subtitles. Are they in 2835 rev, or how to build compatible version....

Users who are viewing this thread