Not able to setup live TV on MP2 (1 Viewer)

markhd

Portal Member
September 27, 2015
Wash. DC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I tried installing MP2 on Windows 8.1 using a Ceton tuner to test it out before upgrading to Windows 10. In the server setup the drop down for country and cable provider is completely missing and when I try to configure the channels for the tuners as Digital Cable it says complete after a few minutes but when I go to live TV there are no channels and it says no channels are mapped to the tuners. Also the client setup is completely missing so I had to uninstall MP and go back to WMC. Thanks

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    no channels are mapped to the tuners
    There you have the answer... You need to map the channels you want to use to all tuner cards, before you can see anything...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

the client setup is completely missing
    The Client and Server setup (excerpt for the TV part) is done inside the MP2 Client GUI. Maybe you did not see you can scroll through the main menu for entering the setup section... Depending on the Skin it is possible you need to scroll down or left/right. In Titanium, the skin that will be used when you start the Client for the very first time you need to scroll down to reach the Settings item....

markhd

Portal Member
    September 27, 2015
    Wash. DC
    Home Country
    Thanks for your reply. I think I looked at that and all my channels were in red and there were links on the bottom such as <All> and <Group>.
    Also in the TV Server when you click on the tuner to scan channels there is no country or cable provider drop down list.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Red means the channels are encrypted. I only use FTA channels that's why there are no red channels on the screenshot. If you want to receive encrypted channels you need a CAM/CI for your tuner and a valid subscription card. And here I'm out as I don't have a clue about US TV and also not about setting up Pay TV...

markhd

Portal Member
    September 27, 2015
    Wash. DC
    Home Country
    I enabled CAM/CI in the settings but there is still no drop down for country and cable provider and I am getting many channels that are not part of my subscription. Is there an update I am supposed to install? Thanks

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I am getting many channels that are not part of my subscription
    This is normal. The channel scan shows all channels the tuner can get, no matter if you have a subscription or not..

there is still no drop down for country and cable provider
    As I did not have cable I can't be sure, but on satellite there is no such drop downs. There was such in WMC, but this was for Microsoft's own EPG purposes only... This EPG is one of the main reasons Microsoft has drop WMC, as it costs Microsoft a lot of money every month...

Maybe @breese can help you, as he is living in US too...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    There are 3 settings under the top pull down under Tuning Mode
    ATSC Digital Terrestrial
    Clear QAM Cable
    Digital Cable

Only Clear QAM Cable has a drop down
    Then under QAM Tuning Freqs, try QAM Standard

Also, under the General tab, you may need to increase the SDT/VCT to 30.
    It is located under the Scan Tab under General

markhd

Portal Member
    September 27, 2015
    Wash. DC
    Home Country
    Thanks a lot for your replies! I think you need Digital Cable to get all the channels. Also it says to set the SDT/VCT to 120 for Digital Cable. I get over 300 channels with Verizon fios. Am I going to need to select each one individually to map them all? Also is the Update 1 a separate download from MP2? Thanks

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also is the Update 1 a separate download from MP2? Thanks
    Yes, it is. Actualy you should install a more recent development snapshot from here, which contains lots of bug fixes.The latest dates from Jan 1st, new ones are regularly pushed by morpheus_xx. This way you also benefit from skin additions and fixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom