[confirm] Not comeing out standby to record RC6 (2 Viewers)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I dont think they any thing wrong with my card.. today mediaportal but not let me add a program to record later on every time I tryed to add it mediaportal locked up. I have used the card with vista media center and MCE2005 and every thing worked well.
    I think this maybe an XP thing (although MCE should have been using same drivers). Many people seem to report no issues with the 7010ix under Vista / Win7 but I had massive issues with standby (but there again standby is heavily influenced by motherboard hardware, chipset drivers etc so was this working on different OS with same hardware?).

Does this card have two aerial inputs? If so are both of them plugged in? What it could be is that when watching live TV you are using tuner 1 which is working but when recording it will use tuner 2 which might not be. You should be able to test this reasonably easily as if you can start live TV and it is working you can then try and record a program from a different mux (ie. have BBC One on live TV and ITV on record). If both work then it will be standby related, if not then it is hardware / driver related.

A thought that is MCE/VMC just allocate cards in order regardless of whether you are watching live TV or recording then this would be different to how MP handles card allocation and might explain a few things?

Adding schedules does not use the card so that should not be related. That just reads/writes some info from/to the TV database. Without logs we will not be sure what is going on ...

A couple of things to try why I think about it....
    disable the analogue tuners if you are not using them
    try disabling DVB EPG
    do you use mini-display plugin?
    try closing the client (MP application) when have stopped using it. I have never found out the root cause but leaving MP open has sometimes caused me a few issues on resume. Closing MP before going to sleep seems to solve all of these.
    try swapping the order of the cards round in TV config (ie. push the bottom DVB-T tuner to the top; this will switch around which card is preferred for live TV and recording)

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    I dont think they any thing wrong with my card.. today mediaportal but not let me add a program to record later on every time I tryed to add it mediaportal locked up. I have used the card with vista media center and MCE2005 and every thing worked well.
    I think this maybe an XP thing (although MCE should have been using same drivers). Many people seem to report no issues with the 7010ix under Vista / Win7 but I had massive issues with standby (but there again standby is heavily influenced by motherboard hardware, chipset drivers etc so was this working on different OS with same hardware?).

Does this card have two aerial inputs? If so are both of them plugged in? What it could be is that when watching live TV you are using tuner 1 which is working but when recording it will use tuner 2 which might not be. You should be able to test this reasonably easily as if you can start live TV and it is working you can then try and record a program from a different mux (ie. have BBC One on live TV and ITV on record). If both work then it will be standby related, if not then it is hardware / driver related.

A thought that is MCE/VMC just allocate cards in order regardless of whether you are watching live TV or recording then this would be different to how MP handles card allocation and might explain a few things?

Adding schedules does not use the card so that should not be related. That just reads/writes some info from/to the TV database. Without logs we will not be sure what is going on ...

A couple of things to try why I think about it....
    disable the analogue tuners if you are not using them
    try disabling DVB EPG
    do you use mini-display plugin?
    try closing the client (MP application) when have stopped using it. I have never found out the root cause but leaving MP open has sometimes caused me a few issues on resume. Closing MP before going to sleep seems to solve all of these.
    try swapping the order of the cards round in TV config (ie. push the bottom DVB-T tuner to the top; this will switch around which card is preferred for live TV and recording)

No I made a log when it would not let me add a recording last night I tryed reading but dont understand it..

I got mediaportal setup so every time it does go in to standby it unloads mediaportal and restarts it when windows comes out of standby..

Last night I when out and when I come back it had not come out of standby to record.. So press PC button on the remote and when to tv guild and it did not show any of my recording in red for now or later on that night it was like mediaportal had forgot to record and like it had no memory of programs it was going to record later on. So I restarted it the computer and now all my recording are in red but it would not let me add a recording for later on that night and that when I made a log.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    how many schedules do you have setup? how many tuners do you have?
    your logs are full of schedules being assigned to cards and conflicts which suggests you have lots and lots of schedules but not many tuners?

Also we need to know what you were expecting to be recorded and when.

In your old logs you have
    Code:
    2010-07-21 17:11:16.718750 [Powerscheduler Timer(14)]: PowerScheduler: new next wakeup time 21/07/2010 18:28:00 found by ScheduledRecordingsHandler
    and then the machine wakes up at
    Code:
    2010-07-21 18:27:11.046875 [PowerScheduler Waiter(21)]: PowerScheduler: OnResume
    but your tv log ends at
    Code:
    2010-07-21 18:28:05.343750 [scheduler thread(9)]: dvb:GetNewSubChannel:0 #0
    and the new one starts at
    Code:
    2010-07-21 18:58:13.546875 [PowerEventThread(8)]: OnPowerEvent: PowerStatus: QuerySuspend
    so there is a 30 minute gap with no logs :confused:

There is nothing to suggest tvservice crashed or anything during this time but without any info as to what happend we can not tell anything. (you have not set any power options in XP itself to put the machine to sleep have you? also do powerscheduler settings in both mp config and tv server config match ?)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I think this thread should really be moved to general support. There is nothing that I have read here to suggest that there is an actual bug. I'm afraid that I suspect configuration error, and I am sure that the community will be more than happy to talk you through the whole setup process to help get things working as you expect them to. I'd start with a clean install/fresh database.

Personally I would try to get things stable without any standby/shutdown (I have my sever running 24x7 and no problems at all). Then try to get powerscheduler working fine, but bear in mind that some cards don't work well after resuming, so there might be nothing you can do.

Mark

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    Hi,

I think this thread should really be moved to general support. There is nothing that I have read here to suggest that there is an actual bug. I'm afraid that I suspect configuration error, and I am sure that the community will be more than happy to talk you through the whole setup process to help get things working as you expect them to. I'd start with a clean install/fresh database.

Personally I would try to get things stable without any standby/shutdown (I have my sever running 24x7 and no problems at all). Then try to get powerscheduler working fine, but bear in mind that some cards don't work well after resuming, so there might be nothing you can do.

Mark

feel free to close this. But I dont see how my tv card could stop me from adding a recording? Anyway I will do clean install Friday when final comes out and if this bug comes back then I start over with new logs..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom