[no Bug] Not installing MySQL (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Did you use that :
    upload_2014-2-19_21-20-58.png

So :
    1- open command prompt with admin right :
    net stop tvservice.

2- do fulf uninstall (MP and TV) like above screenshot

3- do uninstall MySQL 5.6

4- Reboot

5- Go to delete :
    C:\Program Files\MySQL
    C:\ProgramData\MySQL
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal

6- reboot

Now MP should be cleaned correctly :)

And try to perform clean install.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep, that's what I did before and just repeated (except for "net stop tvservice" the first time but the service was uninstalled and it wasn't installed at all when I started this second attempt).

I'm still having the same problem with it getting stuck at the MySQL installation stage. There's quite a long delay after it finishes downloading where the installer still stays stuck on "Installing" but after maybe 2mins it changes to Installing but then gets stuck on that and I left it for at least 10min. I see that msiexec is running with 0% load and I've seen this happen in the past with other programs and have had to kill that process to proceed.

So I ran the MySQL installer manually and it appeared to have finished installing but I did a repair install anyway. It still fails at the "Test Connection" stage though and services.msc shows that MySQL isn't running and it stops with Error 1067 if I try and start it manually.

I got the log collector working this time by deleting the temp files (just the gentle.config actually) and creating a dummy MediaPortal.xml in Program Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok so it's seems that it's more a OS issue :(
    MySQL when all clean correctly should be installed without issue.
    Maybe it's related to the fact that you can your doc and temp on another partition but not sure, i have also my docs on D: and Temp of F: on my side.

So can try again a full cleanup and try to install MySQL manually (so without using MP installer) and see if install goes to the end but it will be only to verify that MySQL can be installed on your system. Something seems to fucking it :(

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yeah, something's obviously screwed :(
    I'll focus on trying to get MySQL installed and working manually and try MP again if I manage that.

Thanks for your help :)

pdiaz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Did the OP ever find a solution to this problem as I am experiencing the exact same problem.

Stajke

Portal Member
    December 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Serbia Serbia
    Hello
    I want to add my problem with MySQL. MySQL is installed but it not started. When I tried to started in sevices, I got answer that it is not possible on local computer. Also, TV service is not installed. I tried fresh install but with same result. Any help?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm fear that you need to do again a full uninstall and manually uninstall MySQL and remove left folder, after that it should be ok :)
    And better to use latest MP version 1.10 Pre release because 1.9 can have an issue (but only on upgrade).

For example (for me), this is where it left MySQL (after do full uninstall of MP and manually start unsintall of MySQL)
    C:\Program Files\MySQL
    C:\ProgramData\MySQL

Good luck :)

Stajke

Portal Member
    December 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Serbia Serbia
    I will try it again, today.
    I used tutorial for uninstall MP at the top of page.
    Thanks for quick replay.
    Best regards,

Stajke

Portal Member
    December 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Serbia Serbia
    Again failure. I think that problem is permission for access to mysql. Question is how I supossed to logon?
    Or, how to starts to mysql?

Last edited:

Stajke

Portal Member
    December 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Serbia Serbia
    Hello! Finally I managed to install mediaportal, thanks to Your forum where I finded what I needed. You post answer to another member and I used that:
    http://blog.unixwiz.net/2012/01/could-not-access-network-location-hewlett-packard-error.html
    Something similar is was my problem, and after I clean my register base, everything work fine. I managed to installed mediaportal.
    For me this post about mysql and installing was closed.
    I post to another theme what I finded after using this program.
    Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom