1.26.0 Not Picking up some episodes (1 Viewer)

mickb

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
Travelling Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi, Hoping for some guidance from the Brains Trust on a strange issue . There are a couple of series I am having an issue with My TVSeries (4.3.6.0) not picking up particular episodes. As an example "The Blacklist" Season 8. It has picked up episodes 1 - 14 but will not see episodes 15 & 16 and I can only assume any that will come after that. I can get to them via "Videos" and play them from there. The other one is an Australian Series "Doctor Doctor (2016)" When I run the importer it sees shows Season 5 with 2 episodes but when it downloads the episode data Season 5 disappears. Again, I can watch them through "Videos". I have tried shutting down MP and running the My TVSeries configurator and it sees the episodes and I put in the additional info but at completion they are still not there. I have tried everything bar deleting everything and going a fresh install which I really don't want to do.

Any advice as to any settings that I may have inadvertantly changed that could be causing the issue?

Regards

Mick

longdogs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Same issue with The Blacklist episodes 15 and 16. I wonder if it to do with TVDB moving to a subscription only service.

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am still having other series updating so it appears to be something either in the config of the plugin or a wider MP issue. I have just done a fresh install and am waiting for the plugin to update with my library so fingers crossed that fixes it, though I am unsure what the Plugin ask about online episodes for when I set it up. Just ignored it and clicked next

longdogs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2009
    Home Country
    The Blacklist eps 15 and 16 don't show up in the MP TVSeries configuration app as an option in manual adding of an episode. Eps 15 had shown up for a short time as I have watched it through MP-TV Series. Have noticed during an import the episode shows for a time, but then disappears.

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thats the issue I am also having with Doctor Doctor. Season 5 appears and has the episodes (2 off) but before it gets the episode titles the season disappears. Seasons 1 - 4 are not a problem. If I click on a Season 5 episode before it disappears it plays and shows up in the Trakt history but is gone from the episode list.

longdogs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Here is my fix for The Blacklist, doesn't make sense though, changed file name of episode 15 from "The Blacklist s08e15" to "The Blacklist 8x15". I had tried renaming e15 by copy and pasting the whole filename from e14 and just changing the 4 to 5 but it didn't work.

I had deleted The Blacklist from the database using "MP-TV Series Configuration" and deleted Cache 266189 in the MP-TVseries folder. Then did a manual import and noticed that "The Blacklist s08e15.mkv" didn't import, e16 did. Changed the name to "The Blacklist 8x15.mkv" cleared the database and cache again, imported and all imported OK. Go figure.

Last edited:

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So, have done a fresh install and painfully rescanned everthing into My TVSeries. It now sees all the episodes but will have to wait until I add more to see if it has fixed the problem. It accepted "The Blacklist 815 & The Blacklist 816. Fingers crossed it keeps working when I add more. Only issue now is that Trakt has not remarked all the episodes I have watched. Every other time I have gone through this, Trakt would remark all the movies and TV Series I have watched.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MP-TVSeries can only obtain what TheTVdB offers.

Alternative provider support is being worked on, but it will take time. On top of that MP-TVSeries is using an old API that TheTVdB no longer supports, but which is still supposed to function. That is where some of these fringe cases happen.

TheTVdB GUI shows all the way up to episode 20, but does not have title for 18+19. Still TBA will work and update automatically afterwards on the refresh scan, or most likely somebody will fix the title before episode airs.

However, that view there does not always correlate to what API returns. Maybe it's one of those days where API freaks out and only returns episode titles on those that have a thumbnail which means you can only get MP-TVSeries updated to episode 8x10, or maybe there is some other issue going on that often resolves itself with time, at least until the stars align :whistle:

By submitting thumbnails to TheTVdB you can force the fix as it means API has to update itself.

Also, you can change the MP-TVSeries configuration to where the episode will at least "show" like it does in MyVideos, and then down the road when TheTVdB fixes itself, then Trakt will eventually update as well, because the 'watched' data is still retained by MP-TVSeries.

The fact Trakt isn't updating the watched data for you clearly shows that they as well have been having issues with this series, and they are using the API v4 already I believe, so clearly there are still corruptions occurring, and you just have to be patient.

Once @ltfearme has added TheMovieDb TV support then we don't have to worry. It will either replace TheTVdB or supplement, but it will make life for all of us easier (y)

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So after a couple of days everything seems to be working again. New episodes are showing up correctly and Trakt has now correctly updated all of the watched episodes. Thank you to everyone for your assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom