Not possible to avtivate EVR (using Vista) (1 Viewer)

ilker555

Portal Member
March 15, 2009
Hi,
it is not possible for me to get EVR active when using Mediaportal.
It makes not difference if I select VMR or EVR in Mediaportal Config Tool. When i press Shift + ! it states that VMR9 is used.
I also tried Graphstudio but i am not really sure if I have used it correct. It also states that VMR is running.
I made my own custom Graph by replacing the VMR block by an EVR block and the h.264 movie is playing. So it seems that EVR.dll can be used but it is not used by Mediaportal.
Same test with Windows Media Player and Graphstudio show also VMR as Renderer.
Does anyone has an idea why EVR is not activated?

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: bluewide
Windows Version: vista
CPU Type: E5200
HDD:
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: GA73PVM
Video Card: 9500GT
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: onboard ALC889
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD9
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Debug info shown by "Shift + !" is always showing VMR9. It is just a hard coded string if I remember correctly. I'll check that one.

To make sure that EVR is used connect to the running graph with GraphEdit and check what video renderer it shows.

ilker555

Portal Member
    March 15, 2009
    ...thank you for your answer but graphedit does not find anything to connect when choosing "connect to remopte graph". But when I open the movie file with Graphedit (render file) it says that VMR9 is used.

Any other ideas what i could try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on which a WinTV-quadHD card is installed. This card worked perfectly before the migration and no hardware change was made (not a single cable disconnected). Since my passage under windows 10 x64, I can't get...
    Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on...
    Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on...
    Replies
    Views
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
    For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Who know this dotMemory: a Memory Profiler & Unit-Testing Framework for .NET by JetBrains or In-depth .NET Memory Profiling - .NET Memory Profiler or .NET Memory Profiler By Redgate | ANTS Memory Profiler help or not?
    Who know this dotMemory: a Memory Profiler & Unit-Testing Framework for .NET by JetBrains or In-depth .NET Memory Profiling - .NET...
    Hello everyone. I have this "little" problem. MediaPortal, when fully booted and finished checking folders with videos, occupies...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes 1 to 2 minutes to write the data to disk. To speed up the EPG stuff (not only writing but also reading the EPG guide in MediaPortal), I changed the program table (and only that table) from InnoDB to...
    Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes...
    I get a few "Continuity error..." after the EPG scan finished: [2021-01-30 18:56:10,278] [4c45530] [18c8] - mhw reset [2021-01-30...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom