[no Bug] Not skipping on Comskip Data (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Using core.dll and fontengine.dll with RC1.

I have some recordings where Comskip has ran and created the files but there is no skipping. I have the option for auto skipping turned on but it is not working and neither is manually pressing next/prev on remote.

There is definate ads in the Comskip files just seems they are not being used

Logs of trying to play a file attached

also noticed that mp log has
    Code:
    2010-03-23 19:44:49.609375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: GUIRecordedTV: skipping thumbworker thread - RTSP mode is in use
    But I am running as single seat, is this right???

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    You are running single seat right? (ComSkip skipping is only available on single-seat)

Run:
    Code:
    Configuration.exe /DebugOptions
    Go to TV Section -> Debug Options and deselect Single seat setup: force RTSP usage

Press OK to save and exit.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Just as a added note regarding comskip, I get much better results with comskip set to run after recording.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    You are running single seat right? (ComSkip skipping is only available on single-seat)

Run:
    Code:
    Configuration.exe /DebugOptions
    Go to TV Section -> Debug Options and deselect Single seat setup: force RTSP usage

Press OK to save and exit.

yes single seat (hence the confusion about the log entry) but when I go into debug options I have tick boxes for

"do not use slow motion..."
    "include timeshift buffer..."
    "Multi Seat Setup: use UNC paths"

Just had a thought, is this because I have TV server address as 127.0.0.1 ????

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Can you try using the computer name or real IP address instead?

TVPlugin ignores 127.0.0.1 and tries to use the real IP address.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

yep that fixed it. Is this expected behaviour? This changed on clean install of RC1 when I obviously had it set at the hostname.

If this is correct I think it would be wise to add a note to config page just to make sure others do not make this mistake or perhaps change the server screen to be a single seat tick box and if unticked the hostname / IP would be used???

Comskip now working.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

yep that fixed it. Is this expected behaviour?
    AFAIK no, you should be able to enter 127.0.0.1 or localhost and still work properly. I will investigate bit further.

This changed on clean install of RC1 when I obviously had it set at the hostname.
    Are you saying on a clean install, TVSever address was set to 127.0.0.1 by default?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Slept on this now and wondering if any other issues have been caused by TV running as RSTP client and not directly from files. (Thumbs and a few other bits).

Surely from a usability point of view MP should try and detect a single seat setup rather than forcing the user to enter a value?

Possibly a simple solution would be to have a "use remote TV server" option in config. If this is unticked then MP assumes a local client. If ticked the current box could be made usable and that value used?? You could even take this a lot further and issue a broadcast message to the network and get any TV servers to respond and populate this box based on the responses....

I know this is an enhancement and we are very close to RC2 but one of the complaints you always see about MP is how hard it is to setup. If there was a simple tickbox (that could be set based on user selection in installer?) this would make setup a lot easier and potentially also save any issues associated with RSTP if the user does put the wrong info in this box but is running as single seat???

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Surely from a usability point of view MP should try and detect a single seat setup rather than forcing the user to enter a value?

I'm stumped by that remark, as singleseat user, this has always configured itself as Rays-PC, which worked fine unless wireless network failed, and I have to manually change to use the MSLoopback adapter address, which shows up as a choice in tvserver after reboot.

On a side note, ForTheRecord can use unc paths for streaming as well as rtsp, this produces thumbs and allows comskip to work correctly as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom