not sleeping, recording never finish, recordings not starting (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When were the recordings meant to happen?
    The main TV service log files only go back to 2016-11-13 12:26:47, and I can't see any errors or attempts to record in that time frame.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    On an older system, I ran MP with MS SQLexpress for several years.

I would get occasional problems with the database not being ready when TV service started (which basically stopped it doing anything useful). Eventually I discovered that anti-virus scanning/real-time protection of the database files was slowing the database startup - excluding everything related to SQLexpress (in Program Files and Program Data) from antivirus protection fixed the problem.

Unless you have some other reason for wanting to use SQLexpress, I'd switch to MySQL instead (as MM has already suggested) since that is effectively the 'supported' database for MP (the one we develop and test with).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Note that to the best of my recollection you're the only person who has ever reported experiencing this problem.
    I had this issue for many years and on various different hardware platforms and various MP1 versions and also various MySQL / SQLExpress versions. And I've reported it over and over again. It happens with MySQL more often than with SQLExpress but none of them were reliable. I figured out a workaround by starting SQL and TV server with a batch instead of automatic, but I needed to add a delay of some minutes!!! between SQL start and TV server start to be on the secure side.. This never get fixed and was a major one of the many reasons why I don't use MP1 any longer. In the two years I'm now using MP2 with SQLite as Database this never ever happened again.

Once the TV Server get started it was very reliable, no other issues I can remember. But the start always was something very critical.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    did you perhaps report that you had created that batch file? I think it may have been your post that inspired me to create my version of the starter batch file. I have a loop that continuously (with a delay) tries to start sql express and TV service if the are not already running.

the recordings were supposed to be yesterday, 14 November around 8:30 PM

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    the recordings were supposed to be yesterday, 14 November around 8:30 PM
    Okay.

There's no sign of TV Server attempting to record anything at that time. However, the error log shows the KODI plugin failing to create/update 3 schedules at various earlier times on 14 November:
    [collapse]
    [2016-11-14 05:46:27,849] [Log ] [37 ] [DEBUG] - TVServerKodi: Handling command: UpdateSchedule
    [2016-11-14 05:46:27,982] [Log ] [32 ] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.ObjectDisposedException: Safe handle has been closed
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.DangerousAddRef(Boolean& success)
    at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.SafeHandleAddRef(SafeHandle pHandle, Boolean& success)
    at Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.SetEvent(SafeWaitHandle handle)
    at System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Set()
    at TvService.TVController.OnNewSchedule()
    [2016-11-14 19:55:46,744] [Log ] [37 ] [DEBUG] - TVServerKodi: Handling command: AddSchedule
    [2016-11-14 19:55:46,769] [Log ] [26 ] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.ObjectDisposedException: Safe handle has been closed
    at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.SafeHandleAddRef(SafeHandle pHandle, Boolean& success)
    [2016-11-14 19:56:58,280] [Log ] [37 ] [DEBUG] - TVServerKodi: Handling command: AddSchedule
    [2016-11-14 19:56:58,295] [Log ] [31 ] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.ObjectDisposedException: Safe handle has been closed
    [/collapse]

Obviously if the KODI plugin doesn't successfully create the schedules in the first place then TV Server hasn't got a hope of actually performing the recording at the appropriate time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom