Not Videos area but "TV Shows" from DVD (1 Viewer)

jriker1

Portal Member
March 15, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I currently have MP1 setup for Videos, Music, and Pictures. All other menu items are gone. I also have another category trying to find out how to setup.

Name: TV Shows
Purpose: Purchased DVD's of TV Show series converted and put in it's own folder
Folder Path: c:\TVShows

How would I add another top level menu item called TV Shows and have it point to c:\TVShows and work accordingly for the type of media content it is?

Thanks.

JR

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

By default such video is not considered or treated any differently to other videos (ie. all video - regardless of source/purpose - is video). So, you could setup separate folders within videos for sub-types of videos... but I don't think you can have a top level menu item for TV shows unless you use some kind of plugin (eg. MPTVSeries).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just to note (based on the comment in your other thread)...
    Having sub-folders within the videos section does not mean that the whole HDD would be scanned.
    As always, only the folders that you add in MP Configuration will be visible/scanned:
    Video Folders

If you've organised your stuff into folders on your HDD(s), you can see the same structure within videos:
    • music
    • pictures
    • videos
      • movies
      • TV series
      • anime
      • home video
      • other
    etc.

jriker1

Portal Member
    March 15, 2016
    Home Country
    So I see in the Videos configurator you can setup more than one video folder and assign them to their own named folder. Problem I'm having is when I click on Videos at the top, it drops me in the Movies folder. If I go up a level it then shows

Movies
    TV Shows

Any way to start at the top or do I need to set up as you show above and point my "movies" to the Videos folder and then Movies and TV Shows will be the first thing I see?

EDIT: Looks like if I don't check Movies or TV Shows under the Videos Folders it defaults to showing both folders when I click on Videos.

Thanks.

JR

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    EDIT: Looks like if I don't check Movies or TV Shows under the Videos Folders it defaults to showing both folders when I click on Videos.
    Exactly. As it says in the wiki/manual: the ticked one is the default starting folder. ;)
    Checking a folder means that folder will display by default. If no folder has a check mark against it, all folders will display as the root menu in Shares view.

jriker1

Portal Member
    March 15, 2016
    Home Country
    OK, so I have

c:\Movies
    c:\TVShows

Set each as an independent video source. Here's the deal though.

With Movies they are each in their own folder so have Folders are Movies set to yes.
    With TVShows all the shows are in the same folder. So like Orville have an Orville folder in TVShows and then:

banner.jpg
    clearart.png
    clearlogo.png
    fanart.jpg
    hi.txt
    logo.png
    poster.jpg
    season01-poster.jpg
    The.Orville.S01E01-thumb.jpg
    The.Orville.S01E01.mkv
    The.Orville.S01E01.nfo
    The.Orville.S01E02-thumb.jpg
    The.Orville.S01E02.mkv
    The.Orville.S01E02.nfo
    The.Orville.S01E03-thumb.jpg
    The.Orville.S01E03.mkv
    The.Orville.S01E03.nfo
    The.Orville.S01E04-thumb.jpg
    The.Orville.S01E04.mkv
    The.Orville.S01E04.nfo
    thumb.jpg
    tvshow.nfo

When I click into Orville I see four movies. When I scroll thru them I just see a "generated" not by me thumb but no metadata. When i click on the show it plays. With movies when I click on the movie itself it gives me a secondary page with all the metadata from the nfo file. Any idea what I'm doing wrong with the TV Shows vs the movies? I tried setting the shows to Yes for each in their own folder but didn't make a change.

For what it's worth, none of the poster art or thumbs are used at all.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

JR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom