Nova-s (technotrend budget) with possible cam support (1 Viewer)

Sinterklaas

Portal Member
April 4, 2005
The Netherlands
Recently technotrend has released a new driver for the DVB-s budget card so it works in windows MCE. They have added a program to acces the cam module.
I tested this program in MCE and it works but since it's based on BDA drivers it should als work in mediaportal. When i started mediaportal the it showed the FTA programs without problem. THe other channels where shown as scrambled. But if i use the external cam program i can manualy descramble these channels.
Since the program is external i have to do this everytime i switch channel. But this is a start and perhaps we can couple or intergrate the program into mediaportal.

Hopefully somebody can use this info.

rolfkunst

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Netherlands
Hallo Sinterklaas,

I keep it in English, so the rest can understand it also. But, what kind of MP Version do You use? I tried it with 0.2.0RC1 with the cvs from 11-08-2005--22-53, but no tv at all, do you perhaps use 0.1.3?

Greetings, Rolf Kunst

Sinterklaas

Portal Member
April 4, 2005
The Netherlands
Rolf,

I am currently using one of the 0.2 releases patched with cvs 11-07-05-1857. And i'm not using timeshifting.(see reason below)
I am using the same steps as for mce.
First start media portal
Tune a encripted channel.
Start cam program.
Then start is again since it doesnt go full screen at the first start.
Wait until cam is ready.
Tune correct channel and press decrypt.
Then the channel shouldt appear.

Note if you leave tv mode after this or start or stop time shifting you have to end the proces for the cam and then start it up again. This is because its a beta program and was only intended to work together with mce. And even this is not working a 100%.

Good luck all.

rolfkunst

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Netherlands
Do you start the cam program from within Media Portal, with my programs? Or do you start it from the desktop. I must say it is a start, it's not much, but maybe the programmers, can do something with it, maybe a script which will look at the program, and activate the uncrypttool everytime you change a channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom