Nova t installation issues - (n00b alert) (1 Viewer)

Alfiegerner

Portal Member
October 22, 2005
Hi guys,

I'm making the switch over from mythtv cause media portal just looks so bloody good :lol:. I'm trying to get off the ground with 0.20 rc1 and I have a couple of issues.

My first query is to do with the epg programme information. I'ver tried ticking the box that says "Grab epg from dvb" and selecting all languages but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there a way of getting the programme information from the "on-the-air" guide?

The second thing is to do with the mytv screen. The only way I can get it to operate relatively smoothly is by enabling "overlay" instead of the vmr9 options. Full screen tv works fine, its just when its resized into the mytv screen overlay. I'd like to use the vmr9 options if possible to get the transparency. If it makes a difference I'm using intervideo audio and video codecs. Its a fresh install of xp using a Athon 2200+ with a nvidia fx5600 256mb card.

Any help much appreciated.

Alfiegerner

Portal Member
October 22, 2005
Its the newer 90002 nova-t with latest drivers. I've just installed 1.3 instead and its working fine now with vmr9 enabled :) . I still haven't worked out how to grab epg from the air (not without going down the dvb --> xmltv route) so I'm going to use xmltv instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom