NowPlaying bug - not displaying double album cover art (1 Viewer)

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Tirol
Home Country
Austria Austria
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
HDD: Western Digital Caviar 320GByte
Memory: 2 x 512MB Corsair XMS2 DIMM 1024MB PC2-6400U CL5-5-5-12
Motherboard: ASUS P5B-E
Motherboard Chipset: Intel P965/ICH8R
Motherboard Bios: Asus 1202
Video Card: ASUS EN7600GT/HTDI
Video Card Driver: ForceWare 94.24
Sound Card: ESI Juli@
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: v1.18
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV DVB-C/CI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 4.8 BDA
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Zalman HD160
Cooling: Noctua NH-U9F / Noctua NC-U6 / NF-R8
Power Supply: Seasonic SS-301HT
Remote: MCE over IRTrans
TV: Sharp Aquos LC-46 XD1E
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI

I use only folder.jpg files for cover art. Each CD I store in a separate folder. For double albums the foldername of the first CD ends with CD1 of the second CD2.
The id3v1 album name tag also ends with CD1/CD2 in this case.
Reported this bug under music here:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=130354&postcount=3

This bug is there since 0.2.2.0. In 0.2.1.0 this bug did not occur.

Now I had time to investigate the bug and found out under what circumstances the bug occurs. Had a few double CDs where the bug didn't show out. Took a look at the id3 tag of these albums. The album id3 tag didn't end with CD1 but with Disk 1/Disk 2. Then I canged for testing the album id3 tags of a double album that didn't work from "Serenity CD1"/"Serenity CD2" into "Serenity Cd 1"/"Serenity Cd 2" did a rescan of the db and surprise - on now playing the CD cover showed up. Then canged the album id3 tags into "Serenity Cd1"/"Serenity Cd2" rescanned and the cover art still showed up.

Summing up: if the the album id3 tags of double albums end with CD1/CD2 the cover art does not show, when CD is changed into Cd the cover art shows up. The foldername is irrelevant, the bug is only linked to the album id3 tag. This is so very strange but that's the cause. Maybe there is a problem with capital letters in the internal music db.
I really hope this can be fixed - don't want to rename/retag all "CD1"/"CD2" into "Cd1"/"Cd2".

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Tirol
Home Country
Austria Austria
No one could reproduce this?
Could it be a problem of my tagger?
This problem is very anoying and seems to be present since the thumbs cache was introduced in 0.2.2.0
Started to scan my music archive on where the album art (folder.jpg) is not displayed on else the CD1/CD2 problem.
For the album "Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion II" the Album art from "Guns N' Roses - The Spaghetti Incident" get's displayed. Changed the II into 2 and the correct album art got displayed.
Another problem: "Booker T. & The MG's - Green Onions" - no album art in NowPlaying -> Canged the artist into "Booker T. & The Mg's" then the cover got displayed.
I would so really much like to fix this problem, or at least get some answer...
Maybe it is the case, that the music db has got limitations and these things cannot be fixed, else renaming some capital letters in the mp3 tags.
Hope that someone can look into this - I could provide sample files and do testing as well.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i have copied this bugreport because BugsBunny is stil encountering it with 0.2.3.0 RC1

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I'll try to reproduce it when i have some time(tomorrow).

To reproduce I need(i see that the prob are with 2 capitalized letters & end):
    Cute Artist -> Nice Music CD1(with folder.jpg) & Nice Music CD2(with folder.jpg)
    Then some songs which it's tagged in the same way as above, or did i misunderstand something?

Regards
    Roy

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes it's like that - not sure if it only happens with capital letters in the end.
    My folder structure is like this:
    <Some Artist - Nice Album CD1>
    <Some Artist - Nice Album CD2>
    Both folders contain mp3's and folder.jpg. In that case the folder.jpg is the same in each of the two folders.
    I don't use mp3 with integrated images and have this deactivated in config.
    But my tests have shown, that the folder names are not relevant. What triggers the error is the mp3 tag.

@ ronsile:
    I've uploaded a sample double album on sendspace that should demonstrate the error.
    I've pm'ed the link to infinityloop. (Could not send you a PM - I think infinityloop can provide you the link if you need the sample)

A very big thank you for having a look at this bug!

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Yup issue it's confirmed, will have a closer look tomorrow(back 2 bed) ;)

Regards
    Roy

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is there any news on this problem? A developer took a look as well?
    As the error did not appear until 0.2.2.0, maybe in config a switch can be added, so that it behaves like in 0.2.1.0. so that the folder.jpg is loaded directly, instead of accessing the album coverart cache.
    Since 0.2.2.0 I got a album coverart cache folder with tousands of files and a folder size of >300MByte. It seems as if the album coverart cache is only used for nowplaying - because the bug appears only there.
    If this bug is so hard/impossible to fix, an option to use 0.2.1.0 behaviour would really be great and save me a wasted space of >300MByte.

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thank's very much. Bug is fixed.
    Will do some extensive testing to see if it's working 100% now

dicsv

Portal Member
    August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This bug has apppeared again in 1.0.2!

(recycle is good ... but not for bugs ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom