NSIS error - cannot open include file windows.h (1 Viewer)

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Hi,

Still stumbling around. Thought I was getting somewhere - I'm really just trying to compile and build MP 1.8.0 as a starting point and am feeling close - but now this!

I'm trying to run the NSIS MSI script from tools / installation scripts. It gets a fair way but then starts throwing a lot of errors around the filters again.

The file it moans about is present - I've searched for it, but including its location in the path hasn't worked for me this time.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

"C:\MP1-b\MediaPortal-1\DirectShowFilters\Filters.sln" (rebuild target) (1) ->
"C:\MP1-b\MediaPortal-1\DirectShowFilters\mpc-hc_subs\src\thirdparty\unrar\unrar.vcxproj" (Rebuild target) (8) ->
(ClCompile target) ->
c:\mp1-b\mediaportal-1\directshowfilters\mpc-hc_subs\src\thirdparty\unrar\os.hpp(39): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory [C:\MP1-b\MediaPortal-1\DirectShowFilters\mpc-hc_subs\src\thirdparty\unrar\unrar.vcxproj]

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    In wiki you need to use correct NSIS version (not the very last one) maybe it's not related to your issue but can help too :)

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Thanks guys - I must admit I'd got the environment variables wrong - a case of looking at the words but not reading I'm afraid. I'd mistakenly added those paths to the path environment variable instead of creating new environment variables.

I thought 'that must be it' and went and fixed it all but - despite a few restarts - I'm still getting exactly the same messages, I've added the environment variables for both system and user, and matched the capital case.

I did download the specifc 2.46 version of NSIS.

Any ideas? Sorry!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

2.46 is ok :)

For the rest, all should be ok by following the wiki, you need to use full VS version if i'm not wrong, on my side i have vs 2010 / 2013 installed.

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Oh hello - an error further up might suggest something - a key missing from the registry? I'm busy Googling this now to see if I can find out what the key is and where I need to create it, but any advice gratefully received!

warning MSB8003: Could not find WindowsSDKDir variable from the registry. TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Actually I may be guilty of something even more stupid than the environment variables cock-up. I'm looking into it now. If it proves correct I promise to come back and own up. If it doesn't, I might just keep it to myself!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Good luck :)

For sure there is something missing but need to know what :)

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Time to confess on this one - wrong version of VS installed. Although I suffer it when I have to, I'm still not a fan of Windows 8 or 8.1. So when setting up my VM for MP development I went for Windows 7. Then installed VS2012. Oops. I didn't get any compatibility errors even when running it, until some Windows updates installed then it told me.

So I've put VS2010 on and it's happier. NSIS is getting much further, but still not completing. I'm having a look into those errors now and may be back for help..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom