NTL Cable, Setting it up and Scheduling... Please Help!!

Discussion in 'General Support' started by dutchio, October 25, 2005.

?

MCE or MP?? Which do you prefer??

1. MCE

100.0%
  2. MP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dutchio

dutchio Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

After months of trying to purchase a copy of MCE I managed it, but then realised I prefer Media Portal, it rules!!
    I'm part way through setting it up and am really pleased with it. Obviously it is not possible to stream all the channels from my NTL set top box via an arial lead so it appears i'll have to run my cable channel into my PC via a composite/s-video cable and use one of these IR blasters for Media portal to change channels on my STB for recording. Has anyone done this? If so could you give me a step by step guide please. Also how do you set up Media Portal to show cable channels in the Schedule window?? Please help.

Many thanks in advance.

Matt

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!