NTL cable? (UK) (1 Viewer)

darkestnight

December 27, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,
I am very interested in your software, although I have some questions to aid me in picking the appropriate hardware.

I have NTL cable with an PACE set top box, and from what I gather, there are two ways I can use NTL with MediaPortal:
I can either convert the SCART output of the set top box to S-VIDEO/Phono plugs and use an IR Blaster so MediaPortal can change channel
OR
I can bypass the set top box and (perhaps illegally) plug my raw cable connection into a special decoder card.

I am very keen to hear NTL users' success stories and what hardware they are using.

Also, has anyone got the Electronic Programme Guide working with NTL?

Thanks!

DarkestNight

ARH

Portal Member
October 27, 2006
I use ntl into MP. I have a pvr150mce and connect via scart to comp video. (S video will be the same). The ir blaster wil only work with a redeye. (I am told I have not tried). the guide is easy if you use XMLTVGUI and set this as a scheduled task. You could use a dvb-c card but these are not as easy to get, and any encripted channels will need a CAM card, which I belive MP do not support.

this will provide reasonable quality, but I use freeview for most of my recording as the quaility is far superior and the setup is far easier. I run a pvr150mce 2 nova t's and a nova t 500 in my setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom