NTL through SVHS port (1 Viewer)

dutchio

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Derby
Hi all,

I have a Compro Videomate t200 card and i'm trying to set up my NTL box to come through my SVHS input then set up the channels in media portal and get a IR Blaster to change channels on my STB. However I can't seem to pick up a feed from my SVHS connection in MediaPortal but I can in the software that came with the TV card. Any Ideas??

Cheers,

Matt

talos

Portal Pro
August 24, 2004
UK
I have the same setup except for a different TV card. You need to set the channels up as external in Media Portal. Do this in the config program:
Television->TV Channels->Edit->External

There you can set the type ('External' or 'Received by external settop box' depending on version of MP), set the input to SVHS and set the channel number (so BBC1 is 101 etc.) which the IR blaster will use to change channels.

Hope this helps.

dutchio

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Derby
Right tried that on my VideoMate but it wouldn't work. So I nicked the TV card out of my mums PC which is an AverTV 303P, tried again and hey presto we are cookin on gas. Don't think the qaulity of SVHS in is as good as the Analog channels from the antenna. Is there anyway to improve the qaulity? At present the colours are bland and the text is blurred.

Also I'm gettting some strange break-up lines on the screen in both Analog and SVHS modes anywhere where movement occurs on screen funny lines appear. In the AverTV program there is an option for 'blend' in the filter bit which seems to stop it occuring. Can't find the same option in Media Portal. I Know i've gone on a bit but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

talos

Portal Pro
August 24, 2004
UK
There are a couple of things you can try here. In the setup program, go to the 'Television' section and set the renderer to be VMR9 Renderless. This generally improves picture quality, and eliminates tearing in full screen.
Next, you want to set your deinterlace mode to get rid of the breaking lines. This is dependant on the codecs you are using, but you can play with the deinterlace mode for the standard codecs in the 'Filters' section of the setup program.
Finally, you can try changing the screen refresh rate using a tool such as power strip if you want to fine tune your picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom