NullReferenceException with analog card (1 Viewer)

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My HTPC is nearly complete now. It's just a matter of testing and fine-tuning a few details. Everything is pretty much working well: MediaPortal is running stable, all my plugins are behaving properly, TV service works great and all seems fine.

I did, however, notice something strange. I found the following lines in the TV Server error log:
    Code:
    [(25)]: Exception  :System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.UpdateSignalQuality(Boolean force)
      at TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardBase.get_IsTunerLocked()
      at TvLibrary.Implementations.Hybrid.HybridCard.get_IsTunerLocked()
      at TvService.TvCardHandler.get_TunerLocked()
    These same lines are repeated over and over again, several times per second, during the time that MP is running. Does anyone know what it means? Do I have a problem I don't know about? Should I be concerned about it?

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    The MediaPortal Debug Tool does not work for me, it just crashes with an unhandled exception error. So I gathered my log files manually and put them together here. I don't know if it includes everything that is relevant, so if you need any other specific file then let me know.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi,

I checked your logs and code and there is nothing to worry about. It's small bug which only leads to filling up error logs. I'll report this to support thread and it will be fixed in some next version of MP :)

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    Okay, thanks georgius.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Bug is obvious from logs, problem is in TvCardAnalog.UpdateSignalQuality(bool force) method. This method try to access to tuner, but tuner is not created (null).

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi, can you test fixed dll? It should not report errors in log. Let me know if it works.

Attachments

• TVLibrary.zip
      164.2 KB

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    Okay, I got that file and put it in place. I deleted the old logs, restarted Windows and ran MP for a while. Checked the new logs and that error did not show up this time. The other error that we're working on is there, but that is a different issue. So I guess this is solved?

Now would it be better for me to keep this new dll file in place or revert to the old one which gave me the error?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    If new dll doesn't make any issues for you you can keep new. Other error (database unavailable or power scheduler problem) is not related with this issue.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Georgius,

You have set the mantis entry to 'resolved', which is a bit confusing since the code is not in GIT (master or 1.2.x branches), and would not be included in release.

What you need to do now is, since there is aGIT branch for this, set the mantis status to 'merge pending'. We then need to agree which version this should be included in (safe fix with no possible problems->1.2.3, more extensive/testing needed->1.3.0alpha).

Since this is related to TV, please could you discuss this with mm1352000 (or possibly arion_p) ?

(edited to clarify)

Thanks,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom