Nuvoton EC Generic HID help! (1 Viewer)

chughes

Portal Member
February 15, 2010
Home Country
I have searched for days, and have nothing yet. I still don't understand blasting and so forth.

I own an Acer 8730 which has MP 1.1 FINAL, streamedmp 1.3 running on Windows 7 x64.

I have a MCE Remote control
MCE%20remote.jpg

I am using the reciever for my main HTPC, but using a Logitech Harmony one I had a spare remote to use for the laptop.

But the buttons are not doing what they should be. Only the OK, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT are working. If I select under remotes "Generic HID" I can get STOP and BACK to work as well.

I really only want the INFO, BACK to work as well.

I am not sure where to start, or how to go about this due to my lack of knowledge on remote controls and CIR devices.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Regards
Chris

chughes

Portal Member
February 15, 2010
Home Country
Sorry for posting in the wrong area.....

The harmony one is used for my main HTPC, works 110% perfect!

The MCE remote that I use for the laptop I know works fine. Its the IR receiver built in to the laptop... just doesn't seem to want to receive properly for MP.

I will try your second idea, thanks :)

chughes

Portal Member
February 15, 2010
Home Country
I have found out some things.....

1. The buttons that DO work with the ACER CIR are keyboard shortcuts like BROWSER BACK etc...

2. The buttons which don't work are received like 00 09 / 00 00.

3. Most buttons don't work like. Here is the list...
Record
Pause
REW
FWD
More/Info
CH/PG
Recorded TV
Guide
Live TV
DVD Menu
RED
GREEN
YELLOW
BLUE

So why does these buttons transmit "other" codes, where the other are keyboard shortcuts?

I am getting a little closer, but not by much. Most software which might be able to help like IR Server Suite, LMRemoteMap etc do not recognize the Novuton CIR.... so I guess I am stuck.

If anyone has any other thoughts I would appreciate it. Otherwise I will leave it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom