Nvidia codec issues with progressive source TV (1 Viewer)

htpcoz

Portal Pro
July 25, 2005
Brisbane
Home Country
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: Windows XP MCE 2005 - Rollup 2
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.4GHz
HDD: Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB
Memory: 1 GB 667 MHz
Motherboard: Intel G965 DTO
Video Card: Nvidia GT7600
Video Card Driver: ForceWare 91.47
Sound Card: Integratred Azalia
Sound Card AC3: optical
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: DVICO Dual Digital 4
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 3.50.02
2. TV Card: Hauppauge 150 MCE
2. TV Card Type: analog
2. TV Card Driver: 2.0.43.24103
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia Purevideo
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
Cooling: Nitrogon Passive CPU cooler
Power Supply: Antec 420W
Remote: Microsoft MCE (Euro)
TV: Panasonic CRT 76pw100
TV - HTPC Connection: Component via Key Digital transcoder

I've been having an issue on and off for quite a while now, and though I might try to investigate things further.

Basically the issue I have is whenever playing progressive Live TV with MP using the NVidia codec (latest release) I have an issue where the image becomes very jittery obviously skipping frames.

This only happens for me with progressive TV sources (at the moment ABC HD and SBS HD).

It appears to me that the issue is related to the Nvidia codec getting confused with the progressive content and perhaps still trying to deinterlace it and making a hash of it.

If i try other codecs that issue disappears, but other issues arise (like tearing, or just poor quality).

I'm using an interlacing setting of best available, and in the codec settings that is pixel adaptive. I'm also set to Smart, but have tried Automatic to no avail in the other Nvidia setting.

This has only just come up as I've been wanting to watch the Ashes broadcast on SBS HD (at least now that we're a chance at winning :))

I anyone has managed to get this working I'd been keen to know. Another MP user has had the same issue, (on ATI hardware) and has given up.

I know I once had this issue with 7 (576P), but that went away at one point, just not sure why.

Apologies for the lack of detail, but I thought I'd see if it was a common issue, and then followup with more detail if there is interest.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    • Nvidia's codec is already discontinued for few years ago (and it is not recommended to be used)
    • Your display drivers are even older than the used code, it would be advised to update those
    • To get rid of the tearing please use DirectX exclusive mode with XP (somewhere in MP config)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom