Nvidia Geforce 9300 mGPU and PowerDVD 8 (1 Viewer)

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have problems with DVD menu navigation when using MS DVD Navigator and PowerDVD8 codecs for DVD playback in MP. I also have the same problem using PowerDVD8.

The problems seems related to hardware acceleration and Nvidia Purevideo.

Using the following software and hardware;
    Windows XP SP3
    PowerDVD 8 Trial, build 2217D

Motherboard;
    Asus P5N7A-VM, with integrated Nvidia Geforce 9300 mGPU.
    Nforce drivers 20.08
    Geforce drivers 180.48

When the DVD menu is shown it's possible to select e.g. Play Movie, Subtitle, Chapters etc. with the mouse. However the selected item is NOT marked/highlighted. This makes it impossible to use e.g arrow keys or a remote to navigate the menus!

If hardware acceleration is turned OFF(configuration->video in PowerDVD), selected items in the DVD menu are marked/higlighted.

I'm running PowerDVD8 codecs on another computer with a similar software setup but with an integrated Nvidia Geforce 6150 mGPU (driver 178.24). With this setup DVD menu navigation works ok, even when hardware acceleration is enabled.

Is somewhere out there experiencing the same problem? Or is it just me :(

magao

Portal Member
    December 22, 2008
    Home Country
    I had problems with DVD navigation when using the MS navigator with ffdshow. I changed to use the PDVD7 navigator with PDVD8 codec and everything is working fine (with hardware acceleration).

Apparently MP 1.0.1 will allow us to use the PDVD8 navigator.

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm suspecting the Nvidia 9300 mGPU or at least its drivers. Got it working perfectly on two other similar systems but with different graphics.

And DVD menus are not even working from within PowerDVD 8 some something must be fundamentally wrong...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep, the one you have but mine shows as 2217.50 (Ultra edition may be the difference).

But if you have this only happening on the 9300, then I suspect, either the driver does not support this correctly, or something has gone wrong with your Windows install, try reinstalling http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...D9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en and also Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

After that it must be driver related, does navigation in PowerDVD itself work with dxva disabled.

Might be worth having a look on the nvidia forum for any clue about this.

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I will try to re-install XP, besides from that I have tried everything...

I reported this issue to both Nvidia and Cyberlink, Nvidia blames the application and Cyberlink blames the drivers :)

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So I re-installed XP, no improvements.

I blame the Nvidia drivers for this one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom