NZ Sky Motorola STB + MCE Replacement - Blasting does not register on STB (1 Viewer)

wasabi2k

March 23, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Good Afternoon,
I've been struggling to get my TV Box going for the last few few days but I've hit a brick wall.

Hardware:
P4 2.8Ghz
1GB RAM
Nvidia FX5500 - TV Out
Hauppage PVR150 - MCE Edition
MCE Remote and eHome transceiver
Using MediaPortal 0.2.3.0

Sky Decoder - Motorola STB - DTH325-4

I have the Sky Decoder connected to the Hauppage using RCA. Picture quality if fine, I can record etc all peachy.

Issue 1
I have spent a day or 2 using IR Server Suite and lately the MCE Replacement plugin (latest versions on forums) and cannot get the blasting working.

I have used the existing Sky Remotes and the eHome Transceiver to learn the buttons on the Sky remote, from 0-9 and the OK. I then try and blast these to the decoder and get nothing happen.

I have attached the blaster eye to the IR eye on the decoder
I have figured out the port_2 thing so that the blaster does actually flash now

The most progress I have so far is that I somehow managed to get the blasting working for the 3 digit only. eg, try to change to channel 31 and it does 3, and no other numbers register a response. This makes me think that the blaster and sky box are ok.

I then relearned the 3 command and now it no longer works, which suggests to me that the learning is either picking up garbage or is generally not working.

Has anyone come across this behaviour before and have any tips?

Issue 2 (Related)
My 2nd issue related to the automated blasting when changing channels within MediaPortal. I have setup a few channels as external on CVBS 1, with the relevant channel ID and set top box channel. When I change the channel in MediaPortal, the blaster does not flash at all. After some log trawling I have found the following:
2008-03-24 21:57:48.250000 [Info.][MPMain]: MCEReplacement: Tune request - Card: 0, Channel: 2
2008-03-24 21:57:48.250000 [Info.][ProcessExternalChannel]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MediaPortal.Plugins.MCEReplacement.ProcessExternalChannel(Object args)
2008-03-24 21:57:48.250000 [Info.][ProcessExternalChannel]: Exception :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2008-03-24 21:57:48.250000 [Info.][ProcessExternalChannel]: site :Void ProcessExternalChannel(System.Object)
2008-03-24 21:57:48.250000 [Info.][ProcessExternalChannel]: source :MCEReplacement
2008-03-24 21:57:48.250000 [Info.][ProcessExternalChannel]: stacktrace: at MediaPortal.Plugins.MCEReplacement.ProcessExternalChannel(Object args)
`
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
-Jeff

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok, let's see what we can do:

Issue 1:

Can you explain the Port 2 issue? I know there was an issue ages ago where only Port 2 would work for some devices but I thought I fixed it?

Are you using the default eHome or Replacement driver?

Issue 2:

This problem should have been solved in the recent test versions ....

What version of MCE Replacement Plugin are you using? The latest test version?

Cheers,

doubletop

Portal Member
    March 16, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I then relearned the 3 command and now it no longer works, which suggests to me that the learning is either picking up garbage or is generally not working.

Has anyone come across this behavior before and have any tips?

This could be completely of track; but you wouldn't happen to have an IR transceiver in the area would you? I had a DSE "One For All" IR transciever to relay my Sky remote back to the STB, that was in another room with the server. They have no integrity whatsoever and will transmit any old rubbish and also get affected by WLANS. If you have anything like that check it with your mobile phone camera to see if the IR led is flashing. If it is it's most likely it is jamming the re-learning of your IR codes.

Switch it off or better still get rid of it.

wasabi2k

March 23, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the replies. I'm 90% sure its something I'm doing, too many success stories in here to be otherwise.

ok, let's see what we can do:

Issue 1:

Can you explain the Port 2 issue? I know there was an issue ages ago where only Port 2 would work for some devices but I thought I fixed it?

Are you using the default eHome or Replacement driver?

I read about it on some of the other forums, if I set the app to blast both ports nothing happens, port 1, nothing happens, port 2, flashes away.

I recently changed to use the replacement driver.

Issue 2:

This problem should have been solved in the recent test versions ....

What version of MCE Replacement Plugin are you using? The latest test version?

Cheers,

I was using IR Server Suite 1.0.4.2 (latest preview). I am now using latest preview of MCE Replacement 1.0.4.2 (latest preview).

But I did a lot of installing/removing/reinstalling so I'll double check I have latest versions loaded.

Re: DoubleTop, the only gear I have in the area is A/V. TV, Sky Box, Home Theatre Receiver. I have a D-Link wireless media player but that's turned off. No transceivers (other than the eHome one).

etacovda

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    Hi Wasabi2k

I use GBPVR + IRserver suite (very) successfully with my motorolla STB. Not sure if it will help but i could give you my config files etc if you'd like to use them. Send me an email, funkyredchicken at hotmail if you'd like me to get it to you.

Also suggest getting the transceiver download for updating the MCE plugin (not the remote driver) - as mine would not work before doing this.

Cheers

DrLurch

Portal Member
    November 10, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Im having this same problem with the same stb
    i learn from the remote but when i test the light flashes but the channel dose not change

wasabi2k

March 23, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hate to say it but i ended up using GB-PVR and it was set up and running with blasting after about 10 minutes.

i'll give media portal another go at some point but in the mean time gb-pvr does the job.

etacovda

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    drlurch

did you get the transciever replacement driver, mine would do the same thing until i put that on.

DrLurch

Portal Member
    November 10, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    since i dont know what that is, im going to say i havnt installed that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom