[OBSOLETE] MCE Replacement Driver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marco75

Portal Member
July 14, 2008
Home Country
I got my Streamzap working through Girder before you told me MP might actually support it through the X10 setting... I didn't know what X10 meant. How did you find out what an 'X10' is? That MP config util assumes I should know this obscure piece of tech info? Sheesh. Thanks for telling me, anyway.

I am wary of dumping my working setup of MP 0.2.3.0 for a release candidate... can I install both at the same time?

Has anyone here studied Monochrome? Is it an alternative 1.0 distribution with different plugins and skins?
(I like the default blue theme)

Aurora

October 4, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hello,
I'm new in this forum. I came here when I was looking for the MCE Replacement Driver for Vista. I have a problem with my remote. It's the "Hama MCE Remote" and it's a Plug&Play device. It automatically starts and controls Vista MC. Because I want to add some additional events for PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer...I tried the described procedure.

EDIT: I've detailed below a new method for making the eHome driver behave like the replacement driver, this new method is much better than the old one and everyone should switch to it.

I don't know how I didn't find this earlier...

Load "regedit.exe" and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da

Then delete the keys from "CodeSetNum0" to "CodeSetNum3".

To make sure you can recover these keys easily should you want to you should save them by using the export function in the file menu.

Once the registry has been changed you will need to reboot for the change to take effect.

This same process can be applied to disable automatic keyboard handling. Just look at the other registry sections under the "Remotes" sections.

Now if you ever want to re-enable the automatic handling of the MCE Remote and MCE Keyboard you just need to put those registry keys back.

But that had no effect. I am not able to reprogramm the buttons of the remote with any software like Eventghost, PC Remote Control, IR Server Suite, AutoHotkey,...

In the device-manager the remote is called USB-Compound-device or anything like that (sorry I'm from Austria and I only know the german word).:oops:

In the category "Human Interface devices" it is called USB-HID. But there are 4 of them. I don't know which one is the right one. :confused:

Can anybody help me, please. I want to reprogramm my remote.

Thanks, :)

kind regards
Aurora

cyberdod

October 13, 2008
Home Country
France France
Hey,

As far as I understand, there is no way to get MCE remote work with MediaPortal or EventGhost (which MCE plugin requires MCE replacement drivers) on Windows Vista x64 bits.

However I feel there is a workaround since I own a universal remote Logitech Harmony 1000 along with my MCE IR receiver. As this remote can simulate many other remotes, my only constraint is that its IR signal has to be relayed to my computer through MCE IR receiver.

Does anyone know what kind of remote work with Vista x64 on MediaPortal / Eventghost ?

Thanks

Bastien

Inferi0r

October 18, 2008
If I understand it all right, it is now possible to get the Philips OVU412000/00 IR USB (which one orginally only working under Windows Vista) working with a Logitech Harmony One under Windows XP Pro SP3 (32bit). Can this all be done with the Asus P5QL-E (which one don't have IR onboard)? Of do I need a motherbord with IR onboard then?

klausb

September 19, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm using the Translator for several days. It's sole purpose for me is to translate the power button of my MCE remote to my application. After a reboot this works fine, but then for some reason after a few standby/wakeup cycles, the power-button on the remote is no longer working.

Any ideas out there what this is?

klaus.

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
August 22, 2009
Australia
Home Country
MCE replacement driver still useful!

I thought I should let Aaron know that the MCE replacement driver saved my bacon today. It may be considered obsolete, but it has the advantage of actually working on my XP machine, while all of the HID and eHome drivers have simply stopped, with a typically cryptic Microsoft explanation that "there is a problem" trying to reinstall them.

I'm obviously very concerned about what this change in my system could imply--the original driver works well on my laptop, also running XP with all upgrades in place. However, I am also hopeful that this replacement driver will continue to serve. Without Aaron, I would be trying to watch movies with a wireless keyboard on my lap.

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
August 22, 2009
Australia
Home Country
Yoy say that IR Server Suite does not work on XP? With latest update like SP3?

I'm saying that it worked for a year, then stopped. I assumed that Windows Update was the culprit, but that driver works on a laptop where updates are always running, and a repair install did nothing to fix the offending machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom