[Obsolete] MPWebStream: Stream TV over the internet (4 Viewers)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: [Beta] MPWebStream: Stream TV over the internet

Thnx Oxan, works like a charm now.

I spoke to soon, the video is lagging severly, a couple of seconds behind the sound at least.
    Yeah, that's a known problem with ffmpeg. I'm looking at it but I don't think there will be a solution soon. Weird thing is that it works sometimes but other times the audio and video go out of sync...

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007

I've been using iPimp for a while to stream tv to my iphone and it works almost perfectly, I know he uses something called handbrake, but I don't know much more than that, maybe something you should look into or perhaps start a collaboration with him or exchange ideas.

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007

I tried using handbrake as transcoder, but it doesn't work, is it because it needs some implentation in your code or am I just doing it wrong?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I don't know yet, but I can reproduce the problem. It seems like Handbrake doesn't work very well with MPEG TS streams. The current version of iPiMP is also using ffmpeg for transcoding LiveTV, so it should be possible to get it working with that. I'll look into the issues this weekend.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

ravenrocks: Could you try adding '-async 1' to the transcoder parameters, before the "{1}"? It solved the audio sync issue for me.

Also for other people: I'm currently trying to come up with some default transcoder profiles, but I need to know what the common bandwidth constraints are. I currently have streaming profiles for 500Kbit/s, 1Mbit/s, 2Mbit/s, 5Mbit/s and 10Mbit/s. Please post if you want other profiles.

I also hope to release a LiveTV streaming app for Android tomorrow :)

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007

Could you please post your entire transcoderstring. Because I don't know which one you use.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Try this: -y -i "{0}" -vcodec mpeg4 -b 4096k -acodec aac -strict experimental -ab 256k -f mpegts -async 1 "{1}"

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007

The sync is perfect now, thanks alot.
    So I guess the most wanted features right now are EPG and working fullscreen-button.

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: [Beta] MPWebStream: Stream TV over the internet

Please add MP 1.2.0 beta support. I would like to test this profiles^
    :D bribbon

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: [Beta] MPWebStream: Stream TV over the internet

The sync is perfect now, thanks alot.
    So I guess the most wanted features right now are EPG and working fullscreen-button.
    The fullscreen button is a bug in VLC, which I'm unable to fix. You can go back to VLC 1.0, but then you loose deinterlace support. See bug #3419 on the VLC bugtracker.
    As for EPG: I'm not going to implement a full webinterface for MediaPortal, as there are a lot of other people already doing that. Basically, for now the plan is to integrate MPWebStream with another solution, which will probably be WebMediaPortal by Mike Lowrey. See my thread on collaboration.
    Please add MP 1.2.0 beta support. I would like to test this profiles^
    :D bribbon
    They are available now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom