Occasional problem with MP after resume from sleep (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, this is not a MePo problem per se, but maybe someone will be able to help out:

I am running my HTPC client on a Asus F1A75M-Pro Mainboard with the latest BIOS version available. I am using a Logitech HArmony Remote to sleep/wake my PC.
    Sometimes, after wakeup, the PC will power on but will not show any picture, so only thing to do is to hit the reset button. But with a lot of bad luck, some MP databases get corrupted this way and the next time I boot up, MediaPortal will crash with an exception (usually due to gentle.config being corrupted if I read right from the logs).

I have recently done a complete reinstall of my HTPC from the scratch and the problem persists. I just use a full system backup then to restore functionality (I have daily backups on my server), so no harm done at last, but it'd be nice to know how this can be fixed.

I have the MCE standby tool running and think, that there's not an issue with the sleep mode settings, though I could try to switch from standby to hibernate and see if the problem persists. I have a AMD APU and AMD HDMI sound device, so the current catalyst drivers are installed, I don't know if there might be a problem here.

Is there a way to prevent MePo's databases from becoming corrupted?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, the best way would be to solve the underlying issue. For that we need full debug logs, so could you try to reproduce the issue in Debug mode?

If not, please set your log level to debug in Config (will increase disk usage, but I hope your system will cope, might need to delete the logs after running a long time and use the Watchdog log tool (Debug mode in Start menu) to grab all existing logs (option 3) and post them here.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, the best way would be to solve the underlying issue. For that we need full debug logs, so could you try to reproduce the issue in Debug mode?
    I'll try to. But as this is an occasional error, it might take some time to track this. And to solve the underlying issue would be my primary goal ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom