Occasional Problems setting record in the tv guide (multiseat) (1 Viewer)

Andy_113

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have recently switched from having a single seat installation to a multiseat install with the aim of reducing power consumption and therefore cost. My server now acts as the pvr for the whole family, with 8x dvb-t2 tuners and only 6 uk multiplexes theoretically it should be able to avoid conflicts (although harddrive bandwidth would probably become a problem with two many recordings simultaneously).

Anyway, since migrating my setup i've come across a small issue, although, i'm not 100% it is related to being a multiseat setup as the same behaviour occurs when using the mediaportal client on the server.

The issues appears to only happen occasionally, it manifests itself in the tv guide, when selecting a show and click record nothing happens (screenshot attached). however, if i click on advanced record and choose one time only then it works as it should. exiting and restarting the mediaportal client doesn't fix the issue (which i guess points to the tv server or mysql). As i mentioned before this also occurs on the tv server machine too.

I have reinstalled mediaportal on both the server and client which didn't help. The server specs on in my details but it has a clean install of windows 8.1 update x64 using windows defender (mediaportal and tv server processes and recording and timeshifting locations excluded). The server doesn't have anything else installed beside macrium reflect imaging program and mediaportal and tv server with lav filters and titan skin/extended although i use the standard titan skin.

On my desktop there is a lot of software but i don't think this would be the problem as issues happen on the server too.
    Also, i'm not using any extensions apart from powerscheduler on both server and desktop.

I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this particular issue? although it's not a major problem as advanced record button still works but would be nice to fix this issue.

I've included the logs, both tv server and client on the server and the client on my desktop

Attachments

• Mediaportal Recording Bug.png
      Mediaportal Recording Bug.png
      483.7 KB
    • Client.zip
      1.4 MB
    • Server.zip
      1.6 MB

FManzi

February 15, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have just encountered this issue. All was working fine on MP 1.8 and once i upgraded to MP 1.9 this issue occurred.
    When selecting record from the tv guide using a keyboard all works fine.
    If i try to select using a remote nothing happens.
    Selecting Advanced record and One time only works.

It seems to happen occasionally as I retested this issue and it seems to work now?

My system is Windows 7 64bit with 4x dvb-t tuners

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @FManzi
    There's nothing that can be done to follow up your report at this stage. Debug log files, date/time, channel name and program name details are required in order to chase down such problems.

Andy_113's logs are unfortunately not debug logs either, but they do give a clue about where the problem might be:
    [2014-06-22 17:45:27,236] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo_OnRecordProgram(Program program)
    at TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo_OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

That narrows down the problem to ~40 lines of code, after which I can go no further without additional information.

Andy_113

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Which debug logs do you need? server or client? i'm guessing client but it happens so randomly is there anyway to put the client into debut mode permanently? Then I can post the logs after the next time this happens.

Andy_113

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Hi,

I have the logs from both the server and client now with the error in, they were both set to debug mode so hopefully this will help to narrow down the issue. It's happened to me a couple of times now in the last few days. Although as i've said in the original post it isn't a major issue.

Edit: I was trying to set a recording on BBC ONE HD on Monday the 27th October at 20:30 (Panorama investigation into baby p). It should be fairly near the end because as soon as the error occurred i exited and exported the logs.

Thanks

Attachments

• MediaPortal_Client_26_10_14.zip
      759.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom