Occasional shuttering on live TV and one more question... (1 Viewer)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows7 Ultimate x32
CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X2 240
HDD: WD Green 1.5TB EARS
Memory: 2x1 Kingston HyperX 1066 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus M4A785D-M Pro
Video Card: Onboard ATI 4200HD
Video Card Driver: 0706
Sound Card: VIA HD
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.7900
1. TV Card: Teratec Cinergy C PCI HD
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.1.504
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow 3574 (SAF 5)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow 3574 (SAF 5)
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD10) (SAF 5)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: DigiCable
HTPC Case: Antec Micro Fusion Remote
Cooling: Alpine 64 GT
Power Supply: Antec Micro 350 80+
Remote: Logitech Harmony 515 (MCR)
TV: Panasonic TH-42PX80
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi!
I have a server+client setup, and there are two problems I'm facing, I'm hoping you might be able to help me.
1) if I watch live TV I get a shutter randomly, mostly on HD channels. Not for long, just for 1 or 2 secs, then a shutter in sound and a deblocking in picture for a sec and then goes nice. It happens randomly, sometimes in every 5 minutes, sometimes in 10. I see this on SD channels too, but much rarely.
The best codec I found is MS, PowerDVD 11 is not as good, more shuttering. For audio I use LAV.
Perhaps the router I'm using is not enough for HD livetv? It is a new router and I use 100 Mbit LAN. Should I change to a Gigabit router? Or you can check the attached log, if you could see some error.
2) Loading window plugins takes quite long. Is it an error or just it takes so long?

Thank you!

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi,

from logs it seems that you have multi-seat installation, but I'm not sure. If yes, can you post logs from correct TV server? Because you're using TV series plugin, maybe your stuttering problems are caused by this plugin (similar problem).

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

from logs it seems that you have multi-seat installation, but I'm not sure. If yes, can you post logs from correct TV server? Because you're using TV series plugin, maybe your stuttering problems are caused by this plugin (similar problem).

Hi! Thanks for your reply! I have to update my system information, yes, I'm on a multi-seat installation.

Server runs once DVB-C TV-Card and used as a NAS.
    I have seen the thread already, but thanks for posting this! I'll check which version of MPTV Series Plugin I'm using.
    Perhaps the shuttering is related to the 100MBs LAN, maybe switching to gigabit would help me...

Anyway, if you look at the attached logs, do you have any suggestions or my setup and system seams correct and without any particular errors, based on all the logs there are. I looked into them, but do not understand many of these.

Thanks!

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    From logs it seems that as MPEG2 video codec you use CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD11) and for H264 video codec you use Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder. I'm using ffdshow for MPEG2 and ffdshow DXVA for H264, but it's up to you. Back to stuttering problem. The best will be if you delete all logs (on MP client and TV server) and watch HD channel. When stuttering occure than post new logs (for MP client and TV server - if you use MP Debug-Mode application then attach TV server logs separately, because it doesn't attach logs from remote server :( ) and approximated time when it happend.

Plugins problem: it seems that you have a lot of plugins (if I correctly count there are 15 plugins). 4 seconds take HTPCInfo to throw error (System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.103:31456) - this could be problem with configuration of client or you have bad firewall settings on TV server. It also seems that you have problem with MP-TVSeries plugin (some problem with database). It also seems that SubCentral is loading too long, but no error in logs. Disabling all plugins and enabling them one by one is the easiest way how to find which are loading too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom