Odd behaviour with Live TV & Recorded TV Series (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

As some of you will know I am in the process of switching to a central media server. All disks for storage of movies etc are now on the server, but the HTPC in the lounge is still handling the live TV as that is where the cabling for aerial and sat dish come into the house (this will change in the next couple of weeks though as I re-route the cables).

I have started getting odd behaviour on the unit in the lounge.

Last night when watching a recorded TV series the playback would freeze after 20 seconds. No sound, just a still frame of the recording on screen. After 30 seconds, this would start to play the audio, and the video would act as if in fast forward to catch up with the audio. This playback is from the server. I was watching Frasier and then changed to Father Ted to see if the problem occurred again - it did.

This morning I have been having live TV freeze. The only way to get out of this is to press 'stop' on the remote which goes back to the main TV screen. After this I get "No Free Card Available" popping up when I try to select another channel. No Free Card?? I have six tuners in there! This playback is from the HTPC itself. I started watching 'Sky News' at just gone 10:45 and then the freeze was about 10:57. I then shut MP down to look at the logs.

I have attached all logs... I have had a read through, but with my limited knowledge it doesn't mean much.

Any suggestions???

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    2012-10-08 10:57:10.819192 [PS StandbyWakeup(14)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.Management.ManagementException: Quota violation
    at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
    at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
    at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.Handlers.ActiveSharesStandbyHandler.GetConnections(ManagementObjectCollection col)
    at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.Handlers.ActiveSharesStandbyHandler.get_StandbyMode()
    at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.get_StandbyMode()
    at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.CheckForStandby()
    at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.StandbyWakeupThread()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

"Quota violation" == share issue?

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi mm,

Quota violation - it would sound like it, particularly with a 'no free card' dialog popping up. The thing is, there is only this one unit running ( and the file server, but that does not access live TV)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well it is clear from the stack trace that it is something to do with PowerScheduler, so have you got PS set up to monitor shares?
    Are you running the standard PS, or PS++?

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,

I am using PS++

Again, strange behaviour here. I tried to open TV Server Config to check the PS++ settings and Config wouldn't open. I uninstalled PS++ via the MPEI utility and TV Server Config opens fine. I am now back to the standard PS, and have unchecked the "enable share monitoring" to see if anything changes.

EDIT - Seems to have sorted it so far... I'll keep the TV running for a while (I have to go out)

EDIT - TV now been running for a 4 hours without a hitch.

Thanks MM for your assistance.

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great, thanks for reporting back. (y)

Quick tag for @michael_t - any thoughts on this?
    The PS++ config not opening seems to indicate an improper installation of PS++, so everything is possible... If the problem with the shares error is reproducible on a proper PS++ installation I would be interested in full logs.

Michael

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Michael,

I will reinstall PS++ and see what happens. If it starts playing up again, I will post full logs.

I have used PS++ for a long time now and it has always been flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom