Odd External/Internal Player Issue w/ M-P and TVSeries (2 Viewers)

n3w813

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I still have this problem since it first started in February. I've cleaned installed mediaportal, moving pictures, and tv series many times and still continue to get this error. What I have to do is incorrectly configure the filters for the internal player so mediaportal will throw up an error message saying that it cannot play the file, then I can press 'OK' and continue using mediaportal.

I'm using Zoom Player 6.0 as my external player, by the way.

I will post log files tonight when I have access to my computer.

sanderson

Portal Member
November 4, 2008
Home Country
fforde:
It's possible the latest SVN of MediaPortal causes a conflict. Can you post your debug logs from when you reproduce the error?

And is anyone else still seeing this issue?

Sorry for not replying sooner, I have been out of town for the last few days. Here is the debug log link, hope I am
attaching the log right, if not I'll try again.

View attachment 38084
View attachment 38085

thx

n3w813

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Here are my logs...

Not the latest SVN of MediaPortal, but the one before that
Latest version of SteamedMP skin
Latest version of Moving Pictures
Latest version of TV Series

I started MediaPortal, went into TV Series, started playing an episode of the TV series '24' in external player (Zoom Player), exited the player after 60s, when returned to MediaPortal, it tries to play the same file using the internal player. I've purposely misconfigured my filter settings so the internal player cannot play the file, instead an error box pops up stating it can't play the file, I click 'OK', then returns to TV Series plugin, then I exited MediaPortal.

Hope this can help resolve the issue. :D

sanderson

Portal Member
November 4, 2008
Home Country
Just upgraded to the new MediaPortal 1.0.1 release hoping it would cure this glitch, but still no luck, same problem still exists.

n3w813

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Same here, clean install of Media Portal 1.0.1 and latest StreamedMP skin, and the problem still persists. :(

wagenveld

Portal Pro
June 14, 2008
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
For me the problem is now back after upgrading to 1.0.1, issue was resolved in 0.7.2 under 1.0. I'll add the logs later today.

Hop-Scotch

Portal Member
January 22, 2009
Home Country
Agreed, after updating to 1.0.1, then the latest streamedMP, the issue is back. Tried installing newest moving pictures and my-tvseries again anyways (even though they are included in the latest streamed MP), issue is still there.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    me too. I've the problem. When start playing a file MP start too. also in tv-series.

new mpc-hc versions are very interesting (new vysnch engine, new quality renderer). imho many users could be consider to migrate to this method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom