ofdb.de (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well it's a good point. The whole point of Moving Pictures is automation. So if it is possible to automate retrieval of better data I think we should persue it. Like I said I will give it some though. The components necessary to make this work are already partially in place, so maybe we can pull something together in the near term...

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Or..... You can look at the imdb and ofdb script and combine to two into your own dataprovider script for the time being :)
    I know we haven't had time to document the scripting system yet but that's the power of the dataprovider system. I hope we can bring you a tutorial soon.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Or..... You can look at the imdb and ofdb script and combine to two into your own dataprovider script for the time being :)
    I know we haven't had time to document the scripting system yet but that's the power of the dataprovider system. I hope we can bring you a tutorial soon.

Great, I will take a look at the scripts and see what I can do.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Good news!

I wrote to the author of the ofdb xml gateway (which is used in the script) and he added a new field called imdbid. So now it should be quite easy to combine both scripts and get the best out of two worlds :)

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another possible approach:
    1. Ask imdb for movie details (works fine as they know the German titles)
    2. Try to query ofdb for German-only stuff like title and descripton

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Another possible approach:
    1. Ask imdb for movie details (works fine as they know the German titles)
    2. Try to query ofdb for German-only stuff like title and descripton

The way you go doesn't matter. You can start with a query on imdb or with one on ofdb, but I think it's necessary to have the same imdbid for both queries, because otherwise you will have a lot of difficulties with similar named movies.

Using the same id for both queries makes sure that it's also the same movie you're looking for on both databases.

KeKs0r

Portal Member
    October 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have found out another Problem,

i dont find any movie with an article at the beginning like "Die Nackte Kanone" because the script searches exactly that string, but to get an result it has to search only for "Nackte Kanone".

Additionally i have a general question, why can moving pictures not use the grabbers from mymovie, then could we get advantages of all improvements, and not only if the moving pictures grabber is updated.

marc

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think the problem does not have to do with the ofdb script. I just did a test search through Moving Pictures using a custom search string of "Die Nackte Kanone" and it found and auto approved the movie perfectly fine. Maybe there is a problem with your filename and it's not parsing a proper search string? What is the name of your file? And what version of the ofdb.de script are you using?

As for using scripts from other programs like MyVideos, MyMovies, or XBMC, when setting up our scraper engine we did look at reusing some existing scraper script formats. Specifically we spent a lot of time looking at both the scripting engine for XBMC and the engine from MyVideos. There were several problems with both, but the biggest problem was that these scripts did not consistently provide enough information from the search results to do the kind of automatic approval Moving Pictures is so good at. Put simply, when doing a search by title, some scripts did not return things like the year a movie was made or a list of alternate titles for possible matches. Without this information the import process would be much more labor intensive for the user.

So that is the biggest reason why we do not reuse other scraper scripts. Like I said there were other factors too, but that was the deal breaker. In the future we might consider adding an implementation of other scraper engines, but for now I would rather encourage people to support our scraper format.

KeKs0r

Portal Member
    October 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry im realy stupid, i have downloaded the new Moving Pictures version, but i have only copied the skin files and not the plugin itself, now i have the new Moving picture Plugin and the 1.0.3 Ofdb script instead of the 1.0.3 ,

now it works without problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom