Off-brand Remote. Play,pause,ff, etc. not working!!! (1 Viewer)

rgoodwin

January 18, 2008
I was playing with HIP this morning for effectively the same thing.

1) Find the key in MP key mappings (like SPACE for pause)
2) go into HIP and have it detect a remote key
3) map that remote key to whatever key MP wants (The Yaocoo seems to do ^P for the pause button for example)
4) Make sure HIP is running :)

Would be nice to do it right in MP (let it detect the remote's key presses), but it doesn't seem to detect Control (^) or multi key combinations properly like HIP. using the above example of ^P, only a "P" shows up in MP.

ethanol

Portal Member
January 4, 2008
Home Country
Do you need to do anything special in HIP to get it to recognise the remote?

Can you get any of the more complex functions (e.g. go to My Videos) to work, or is it only possible for anything which has a keypress defined in the configuration menu?

rgoodwin

January 18, 2008
I don't remember doing anthing special. Just set the type to "standard keyboard". Then i read about a plugin called MyKeys for MP that I guess adds shortcut keys to get to Videos, etc. Seems like you would then just do the same mapping from button to those keys. Something I'll toy with in a bit :)

ethanol

Portal Member
January 4, 2008
Home Country
If you check out this thread about Generic Keyboard/Remote Input Plugin by rsenden, you can use it to uilise all the buttons on the MCE "clone" remote (YaoCoo) without the need for Girder / HIP, ...

I attach a keyboard.xml map file which needs to places into the defaults and custom (don't know why its in both) folders (under Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\)

View attachment Keyboard.xml

Some Notes :
- In this version, I've assigned My Tv Series to the <*> key on the remote (note you will need to change the window from 2 to 9811 after you finish editing this via Plugins if you want to use it for my TV Series)
- I've also assigned "Home" to the <#> key, thats because the green Home button actually is interpreted as something else like "Alt-Tab" and does not have the effect you would expect
- I have not mapped buttons that were working ok previously as handled by windows (#s, up, down, OK, mute, volume ..) as it processes them twice.
- For my set-up I've then learnt these commands on my Logitech and hey presto everything working - no need for Girder or anything else.

Hope it works for some others aswell.

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If you would like me to add support for the YaCoo remote in Intelliremote someone just email me at info@melloware.com and I should be able to add support for it easily. I just need someone who owns it to be able to work with them to test it.

en1gma

Portal Member
May 31, 2007
Home Country
ethanol, thanks for the keyboard.xml . Works a treat except the BACK button. Did you have any issues with this? I mapped the BACK button to the ESC key as this goes to the previous menu in MP but does nothing with the remote. Any ideas?

ethanol

Portal Member
January 4, 2008
Home Country
Hi there,
Back button was working for me no problem - as per the keyboard.xml uploaded.
Have you tested it - do you get the same code when you "learn" the button press again in the plugin?

philips_104b

March 24, 2008
Home Country
Hong Kong Hong Kong
hi ethanol,

how did u edit/create the keyboard.xml file? did u use a specific editor for the keymapping or just notepad?

I noticed that when doing 4x forwarding, i couldnt make it play regular speed nor stop the video. i have to use keyboard to stop the video. :(

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    when you are having these issues, have you also just tried enabling HID in the MP config remote section?
    Maybe these buttons are just acting as HID buttons (the same as when a keyboard has a play button).
    This should work in your case and you can map the keys to your liking if the default isn't what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom