Offline audio content (1 Viewer)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi guys,

First of all, thanks for all the work on MP2. I have been following its progress and am very close to converting over from Mp1.
    One thing it has convinced me to do is catalog all my content locally (Movies, TVseries, Music) for offline import.
    TVSeries and Movies are now perfect with the use of TMM and MP2.
    My only issue seems to be the music artist thumbs. Fanart, cdart and artist info are all importing correctly

Quoting the Wiki

"Since MP2.2 it is also possible to place FanArt and nfo files into album folders."

Does this mean I cannot store artist thumbs locally yet or am I doing something wrong.
    I have turned all online scraping off.

Example of music folder is attached. As you can see I have tried many versions of artist naming.
    Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      46.6 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Does this mean I cannot store artist thumbs locally yet or am I doing something wrong.
    I have turned all online scraping off.
    Generally all music must be tagged properly. Those tagged metadata is preferred over online data regardless if you allow online grabbing or not. Sadly there is no way to tag artist fanart and metadata into audio files.

But you nevertheless can use local artwork and metadata for artist. For this you need to use "Artist Folder" where you store all Albums (in separate sub- folders) in. Then you can use Artist Fanart and metadata in there. Artist background must be named. "fanart.jpg", banner should be "banner.jpg", (square) poster should be named "folder.jpg" and you also can add a "logo.png". Metadata must be stored in an artist.nfo file. All nearly the same as for movies or series. Such an artist folder should look similar to this:
    upload_2019-5-11_11-58-43.png

Right now there is no nice tool to generate all those offline files comfortable afaik. The upcoming Media-Buddy final will be able to grab fanart and metadata for music- artists too. Aside this not ready solution the only program I'm aware of being able to generate local fanart and metadata for music- artist is Kodi 18. Media-Buddy 1.0 will be compatible with Kodi and MP on this. But it most likely will be late summer until V1.0 can be released, I fear.
    I've attached the artist.nfo file to have a look inside. It's a XML file (with German metadata) and can be shown/edited with every text editor (notepad and similar)...

Attachments

• artist.zip
      1.1 KB

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

everything is offline here. There seems to be a bug in artist cover.jpg display, at least I can't see all covers. There is only one cover I can see in different skins:

20190511-125731.png 20190511-125745.png 20190511-125832.png 20190511-125930.png 20190511-125940.png

This is the 'Various Artists' folder:

upload_2019-5-11_13-3-40.png

This is the 'Van Halen' folder:

upload_2019-5-11_13-4-34.png

Album covers are all displayed correctly. Only artist covers are not.

20190511-130900.png

@ge2301 do you have the same experience?

I can provide client logs per PM.

Cheers

Blue Max

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the reply Lehmden,
    Yep I'm pretty much on the ball with how the folders need to be constructed and the files need to be tagged (i use mptagthat),

You have a folder.jpg file with the artist thumb.
    So does yours import as the artist image?
    Am I to assume if I have the mp3 tags correctly and the folder similar to yours it will import the artist thumb with file "folder.jpg" correctly?

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry Max, missed your reply. I'll keep trying to see but you may be right, Nothing I try seems to create an artist thumb.

FYI. I use a server on win 10 with several clients on Win 10 also. All pretty stock standard.
    I'll send logs if needed.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Album covers are all displayed correctly
    They are normally taken from ID3 tags rather than from a local and separate file...

Only artist covers are not.
    They are displayed here correctly:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Am I to assume if I have the mp3 tags correctly and the folder similar to yours it will import the artist thumb with file "folder.jpg" correctly?
    Yes, as you can see on the screenshot above. The background is named "fanart.jpg" and the square artist thumb is named "folder.jpg"

An issue could be if the thumb is named "cover.jpg" as cover.jpg is reserved for album cover afaik. Didn't try to name it "poster.jpg" but this probably may work too...

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Lehmden, I'll delete every other file and just use the nfo, fanart and folder.jpg and see how I go.
    Can anyone else confirm this issue with a new install and all online scans disabled?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 do you have the same experience?
    Things are working here, but I'm not using offline artist information and fanart. Those are always scrapped online for me.
    I do not want to organize my music in artist folders, because I do mostly have albums with various artists. It's senseless in this case ...

The skin files are ok, I think the importer has a problem or as Lehmden wrote the naming of the fanart is not ok.
    I'm also not sure, if the Wiki was already updated with these infos. I wrote the Wiki part and might update it after the correct naming is clarified.
    Unbenannt.jpg

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

from the answers above I presume cover.jpg in an artist folder may be problematic? I have both cover.jpg and folder.jpg for the artst in the artist folders. But why does it work in the Various Artists folder and not in the other artists folders?

Can't rebild my MP2 audio database right now to try what happens if i delete cover.jpg and only use folder.jpg.

Cheers

Blue Max

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've experimented with some sorting and filters, It looks as if the artist thumb only is used as the "big" poster like in list view from my screenshot above. They did not display anywhere else, not in grid view
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

and not in cover view:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

also they should be, imho. I didn't noticed this as I always use list view for music...

So there definitely something is wrong, but I don't know if it is the importer or the skin or both. Btw WMC skin also did not display artist thumbs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom