Okay, got it installed, now have a couple of questions! (1 Viewer)

clivegriffiths

Portal Member
November 3, 2005
sorry for not using the support template, but I'm at work and can't remeber half the info need for the template (video card, processor speed, etc). However, basics stuff .. I'm have Windows XP MCE 2005, with microsoft remote .. reasonably fast AMD PC, with 512k, 300gb HD.

Anyway, my questions are fairly general :-

When I first installed MP I let it scan for media files, now when I go into My Video's there is all sorts of stuff in there from different folders, drives, etc. I dont want all this stuff in there, in fact I only want the stuff I have in one folder. How do I remove/unshare other folders and directories from My Video?

Next up, I installed the 0.2.0.0 RC1 version from the link of sourceforge. Should I have opted for 0.1.3.0 instead? .. and more importantlywhats all this talk of CVS? People mention installing CVS to get certain things working. What is it and what does it do?

Next I have a question about my remote. I have a Microsoft MCE 2005 remote and its working, but not all the buttons do what they are supposed to do. For example the skip buttons do nothing, but yet the navigation ones seem to skip backward and forwards. Is that supposed to happen. BTW, its a european model remote.

..and finally, a question about startup. well two actually, it seems slow starting up .. is there a way to speed up the start-up and also is there a way to have associate a sound to MP start up?

divine

November 4, 2005
To set a folder for MyVideos just open up the MP Config, which should be in the start menu. Under the menu option dvd i think there is a sub category called dvd folder or something like that. In there you will see a bunch of folders listed with check boxes, just add the folder you want and make sure its the only one checked, that should then only read from the one folder.

You should be fine with the 0.2.0.0 version, the CVS is the version that is currently being worked on. Since MP is open source, many people work on different areas at the same time, CVS is a version control system so that no one messes up someone else's work. I would not recommend it unless you are going to modify the code.

Again with the remote go to the MP Config and click on remote, in there you can select which remote you are using, i believe that yours is listed. From there you should be able to assign functions to buttons for just use the default.

There isn't much you can do about the slow starting up, check the forums and see if anyone has talked about it, i believe there are some tips.

Hope this helps!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Maybe as part of the install there should be an external app that produces the support template text for the system that is being setup and they just need to copy and paste from a saved text file onto the support forums?

Just a thought.

clivegriffiths

Portal Member
    November 3, 2005
    divine said:
    To set a folder for MyVideos just open up the MP Config, which should be in the start menu. Under the menu option dvd i think there is a sub category called dvd folder or something like that. In there you will see a bunch of folders listed with check boxes, just add the folder you want and make sure its the only one checked, that should then only read from the one folder.

You should be fine with the 0.2.0.0 version, the CVS is the version that is currently being worked on. Since MP is open source, many people work on different areas at the same time, CVS is a version control system so that no one messes up someone else's work. I would not recommend it unless you are going to modify the code.

Thanks I'll give those things a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom