old install adding freesat tuning probs (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Note that I'm away from home for much of the next week and not expecting to have access to internet. Therefore I'm not expecting to be able to answer any questions you may have until next weekend. Sorry about that.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Note that I'm away from home for much of the next week and not expecting to have access to internet. Therefore I'm not expecting to be able to answer any questions you may have until next weekend. Sorry about that.

hopefully what you have told me so far will be enough to keep us on the right track, but thanks for your help and have a good week whatever you are up to :)

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    LNB changed and all is good, now to remove the excess crud of 380channels lol

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    LNB changed and all is good
    Great. I thought there was probably something wrong with the LNB. :)

now to remove the excess crud of 380channels lol
    I strongly suggest you just add your favourite channels to a new channel group and ignore the "crud". The "crud" will be re-added each time you rescan, and so it's rather a waste of time to delete them.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    I strongly suggest you just add your favourite channels to a new channel group and ignore the "crud". The "crud" will be re-added each time you rescan, and so it's rather a waste of time to delete them.

ah something to think about, tho with having both dvb-t and dvb-s i'm gonna have to give it some thought of the work vs how often i retune lol
    one thing bugging me is i have no freesat epg, the channel is just not there in radio to select or map .. any ideas?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When you say "the channel", which channel do you mean?

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    oh sorry
    maybe i misread something, had a bit of a rough week so focus is a bit sketchy.
    from a quick glance at the search results in here i thought there needed to be a radio station called "freesat info" within the channel line up under radio stations for the epg to work.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In short: it depends what type of EPG you're trying to pull in.

I'm going to have to come back to this thread tomorrow as I've run out of time. Sorry. In the meantime, if you're certain that channel isn't present and you're wanting to receive Freesat EPG then I suggest you rescan for satellite channels. I've probably already said this, but make sure you click "update satellite list" before scanning.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    In short: it depends what type of EPG you're trying to pull in.

I'm going to have to come back to this thread tomorrow as I've run out of time. Sorry. In the meantime, if you're certain that channel isn't present and you're wanting to receive Freesat EPG then I suggest you rescan for satellite channels. I've probably already said this, but make sure you click "update satellite list" before scanning.

i am assuming freesat can pull in the epg thru the dish in the same way freeview does with the aerial? I am a great believer in keeping things simple and low bandwidth as my dsl connection is low grade lol
    I have made a point of updating the sat list before i scan as you mentioned this early on, (i am surprisingly good at following instructions :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom