(Old) My Emulators (2 Viewers)

marculos

Portal Member
January 22, 2007
I reinstalled MP and it now lets me add emulators, next question can anyone help with and necessary switches I have tried two snes emulatiors and neither work, any help would be appreciated.

arnoldtpants

January 24, 2007
Could you please add GoodMerge support? This program looks great, but all of my roms are compressed (7-zip) so I can't use it right now. I hope you can add GoodMerge support so I can use it in the future. Thanks

bugmenot

Portal Pro
January 13, 2007
chreekar,
i dont know how to capture a keypress, but i can tell you that another emulator frontend, called gameex does do it. perhaps it can help? example: when i press the esc key the emulator closes. and it works on all the emulators setup in the frontend.

this is the one feature i've been waiting for and the reason i still have to go back to gameex time and time again. i'm assuming it has a process that watches for the keypress and forces the application to close. works very well.

Wintermute

April 25, 2006
Sweden
Tip to devs. on the alt+f4 issue..

If you can get hold of the notifications from remote/hotkeys/globalhotkeys while the emulator is running you could close any app by sending WM_QUIT (nice) or TerminateProcess (bad) to the window/process.

(Pseudo) Quick notes to test..
WM_QUIT by:
WaitForInputIdle, EnumWindows , match GetWindowThreadProcessId with the handle from your ShellExecuteEx (SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS) (possibly also need to check visible/no parent, main-thread etc on the HWND) to get HWND then PostMessage WM_QUIT or PostThreadMessage if you took the effort to get the main-thread id.

TerminateProcess pretty straight forward.. use handle returned from ShellExecuteEx (SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS)

Perhaps you know/have tried this but can't get any notifications from the remote, hotkeys or global-hotkeys while the app is running!? Well then.. ditch it all.

Good luck.

scales

Portal Member
September 23, 2006
ok i have a bit of a problem. this plugin works great on my nes, snes, and n64 roms, but now i want to play my mame roms.

I know that this supports mame, but anyone know how i can have my emulators or my programs recognize the rom names? meaning, i dont want to see stf2 for streetfighter 2.......

i tried game launcher, but it seems to give me glitches sometimes and causes my screen to go black after i exit the application. what are you all using? any suggestions? gameex is ok, but the startup lag is annoying, and i dont want to pay for it. i would like a front end that has filters, for puzzle or fighting games as an example....

ideas?

d-fader

Portal Pro
September 24, 2006
I live in Purmerend, a small town just above Amst
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Haven't read all 10 pages, so when this feature request is already being processed, please mark this as 'not sent' :)

I love the plug-in, it's awesome, great job!

My request: I would like to be able to enter more ROM directories for one emulator and I would like the plug-in to search the ROM dirs recursively, since I have about a kazillion roms and they're ordered per letter, meaning I have about 30 directories for Genesis ROMS :)

That's it, keep up the good work! Never thought I would play Streets of Rage II on my TV with an XBOX 360 controller, it rules!

Chreekar

Community Plugin Dev
November 11, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
The Alt+F4 issue will be my top priority, since it will make the usage of the plugin a whole lot easier. Thanks for the outline Wintermute, I'll look into it.

Recursive directory structure for games and thumbnails will also be something I'll work on, however GoodMerge support is something for the future. I'll look into it, but the recently mentioned features are the most important at the time.

scales: I haven't tried mame yet, but you can configure what name is shown for each game file through the configuration -> ROMs database tab, but maybe that's not what you meant?

d-fader

Portal Pro
September 24, 2006
I live in Purmerend, a small town just above Amst
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Keep up the good work Chreekar!
For now I just moved my ROMS into one directory. Problem with that is that when you have 136 pages with 12 roms per page, it's quite hard to scroll to a game starting with an R :p Of course I use the recently played now, but this can be fixed very simple (actually I think it's already working, but it's buggy): The remote has letters, just as a cell-phone, but when I hit the '7', it seems it automatically starts the first game with a 'p', but I want it to just scroll to it and when I press '7' two times it should go to the 'r' (duh :))
When you can implement that, it would make my life a lot easier, since I have 17000 SNES roms and I don't want to scroll to Super Mario World if you catch my drift :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom