(Old) My Emulators | Page 49

Discussion in 'My Emulators' started by Chreekar, November 12, 2006.

1. Clair

Clair Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Poland Poland
    I Have problem with thumbs. where i make mistake? with mp 0.2.3.0 all of them works perfectly.

path: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\emulators
    and there are no one of my thumbs :/ added emulators are called exact like a thumbs i.e. "SNES 0-F.png" or "Sega MDrive G-Q.png"

MP 1.0 RC2 and myemulators 934

btw strange why in this forum a copy + paste path give a "emulato rs" not an "emulators" text :) i saw this some posts before but i think it's a sender of post mistake. now i see it's something with forum... it just put a space beetwen "o" and "r" in fullpath :)

sorry for my english

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ZealotSix

ZealotSix Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +69 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Clair,

I found that the path is different depending on your OS.

Emulator Icons
    WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\emulators
    Vista: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\emulators

Game Icons
    WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\games
    Vista: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\games

I'm not sure about the XP, because I'm not on that machine right now, but that should get you close to finding it. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clair

Clair Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Poland Poland
    Yeah that's solution :) Thank You.

I hope in RC3 and later versions will not change something else ;)

I have one sugestion to main guru programist of great plugin MY EMULATORS :) - sorting of emulators - alphabetically or possibility to move emulators orders in MP or config
    I have 3 folders for every system i.e. GBA 0-G, GBA H-Q, GBA R-Z also GB 0-G, GB H-Q, GB R-Z but when i forget to create any folder and at now i want to create a atari 8bit emulator a position of emulator are under created previous emu folders. So i have a (in polish) "burdel" (in english a mess) ;) So ill be happy to have possibility of changing orders my emulators and games

Another question:

1: a path in readme imo should be Mediaportal\languages\myEmulators\myEmulators.txt
    2: is there possibility to create a NAME for language? because i have to choose English (default) and myEmulators :) so it isnt true :) if plugin will be accept a another filenames for language files, and just call a language in config similiar to language filename. i.e. Polish.txt / Polish - we (users) could create
    all languagefiles and put it there (this thread) just as like a thumbs - for everyone :)

i was attached a polish translation

Attached Files:

• myEmulators.txt
      File size:
      30.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      September 17, 2008
      Views:
  5. gamingexpert

gamingexpert Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    was the problem that you are on Vista and needed to use the ProgramData path or did you have to go into the Documents and Settings path? (I'll add it to the FAQ)

and i agree about alphabetical sorting of emulators.

6. Clair

Clair Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Poland Poland
    a problem was because a location of thumbs arenot like in previous version, but in documents and settings\all users\application data etc.etc. in polish it looks like this:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dane aplikacji\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators

and a Dane aplikacji (Application Data) are hidden folder so you need to check your view options ;)

there are no consequence with location of additional files because "thumbs" go to the d&s\aplication data.. and language files are stay like in previous versions.

And another thing... Everytime when im run a game and after play i just exit (alt+f4) a myEmulators going back to root with choosing of emulator. I must again go to te emulated system folder and search what game i was played then select next one. I think there should be possibility to back to previous listed games (with last played game underlighted) - not to root of myEmulators.
    This option should be to check in myEmualtors options. If someone want to back to root no problem... but i have i.e. 8bit atari emulator with thousands of games so after play when i must go through a 200 pages to find last played game and select next one im sick :) (that is a reason why i was split my emus by a 0-F G-Q R-Z for every emulated system).

7. Chreekar

Chreekar Community Plugin Dev

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Ah, they've changed the folder structure since I've made the translation system. My Emulators expects a subfolder in the language folder named as the language that should pop up in the box in Configuration. So, if you would want two translations, polish and swedish, you would create two subfolders, named polish and swedish in the language folder and put a myEmulators.txt in each of them. But I guess I'll have to rework this to fit the new way of doing it. Translation files gladly accepted :)

Better sorting will definitely be the major thing I'll work with for the next version.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Clair

Clair Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Poland Poland
    so proper working selectable langauage path for polish language for windows XP Home x86 should be:

Code (Text):
    1. C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\myEmulators\Polish\myEmulators.txt
    Thank you for explanation

Chreekar - what do you think about filters?

I mean when im starting to type a name in myEmulators/emulatedsystem (or from root to search whole database) - a plugin starts to look a games from database who match what i wrote.
    It could be kind of filter used in UltraStar http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultrastar (just install, and at menu of choosing song start to type) :) (ofcourse you should have more than one song) songpacks are there http://www.krokmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3310 :) especially you can look for svenska hits ;)
    if some archives asks for password - just wrote ultrastar
    A Filter in myEmulators could be turned on by CTRL+F combination

another thing - Possibility to permanent delete a game from hdd (not only from myEmulators) when im adding a folder with 500 games some of them are duplicates, some of them are rubish so it could be pretty to have possibility of exterminate it once forever ;) i.e. 0 button as it works with pictures in MP

bug - when im checking of Recently Played i have a huge list (659 pages) and this list was ending on "S" letter so myEmulators don't show if i play a game from T to Z (but in database it is added correctly)

9. Chreekar

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Almost, it would be:

Code (Text):
    1. C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\Polish\myEmulators.txt
    I've been thinking about implementing filters somehow and your solution might be a good one. Thanks for the ideas!

10. gamingexpert

gamingexpert Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    i added the different thumbnail path locations to the FAQ but it looks like it wont let me commit it to the svn yet.

and Chreekar, maybe you should clarify the translation location in the Readme, i was thinking of putting it in the faq but it goes better in the readme, and its already there.

11. Chreekar

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm going to rewrite the translation system to be easier to understand, and then I'll update the readme. Perhaps the new way should be to have a subfolder to languages called MyEmulators and then just have all the different languages namned English.txt, Polish.txt and so on. I haven't gotten an answer yet from the SVN moderator, so I guess I'll have to ask him again to give you write permission...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!