(Old) My Emulators (1 Viewer)

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The future of: My Emulators

I would be glad to hand over the responsibility to someone who wants to push things forward :) However, it should be someone with a long-term plan that don't end up with a buggy half-fininshed thing a year from now, that's my only concern.

:(

Isn't out there a person who's willing to keep this fantastic plugin a live?

h4rd

Portal Member
    October 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    AW: My Emulators

... i think this plugin is a must have!
    There is no other plugin to start games or apps....my "game console" doesn t work any longer :(
    it is so simple but essential

what a shame! :(

mr_si

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What can I do with my remote control to terminate a running emulator?

I've mapped the red button of my Hauppauge to Close Process. It makes the right noise when I press the button so I know the mapped command is being processed but nothing happens.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

:mad:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don't think MediaPortal can close other processes (unless someone made a plugin for this purpose).

I've solved it by using EventGhost instead of MediaPortal's remote settings. EventGhost receives a trigger from my remote buttons. If no programs are running and I press Power on the remote, MediaPortal launches. If only MediaPortal.exe is running, the Power button will close MediaPortal. If MediaPortal.exe and snes9x.exe are running, Power will close only snes9x leaving MediaPortal.exe running.
    This solution will also let you control MediaPortal even if it's not in focus and any other software. For example I let EventGhost shut down my foobar2000 when launching MediaPortal since I most likely don't need to listen to music while watching TV.

Granted it is more work to configure since you need to map all keys on the remote to the appropriate MediaPortal command but it's also much more powerful :cool:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    What can I do with my remote control to terminate a running emulator?

I've mapped the red button of my Hauppauge to Close Process. It makes the right noise when I press the button so I know the mapped command is being processed but nothing happens.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

:mad:

Have you tried my updated version here?

I've added an option in the config screen to map a selected key to close the running Emulator. Most (but not all) remote control buttons are supported - I've got mine setup to the back button on the MCE remote.

mr_si

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Gah! It's all gone wrong

My EmulatorsX crashed MP Config "Failed To Locate Assembly common.utils.v = 1.1.7. ...'
    Unisntalled it reinstalled original My Emulators and config gives me a load of errors too. Eg MediaPortal Configuration Unhandled exception has occurred .... String was not recognised as a valid DateTime'

Thanks for the eventghost tip; I've moslty got that working now.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    My EmulatorsX crashed MP Config "Failed To Locate Assembly common.utils.v = 1.1.7. ...'

That version is for Mediaportal 1.2 beat only. Soz I should of checked which version you were running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom