On Play Video Randomly Goes Black, MP Loses Focus, Screen Resolution Changes (1 Viewer)

Sayajin

Portal Member
October 6, 2012
39
1
34
United States of America United States of America
Okay, so I have been having an ongoing issue since I first installed MP 1 a few months ago and it has finally annoyed me enough to post about.

This happens about 60% of the time and the other 40% the videos play with no issue. When I play video files, and it doesnt matter what type of video files (tried several), and it doesnt matter in what Plugin (tried several) the screen will go black for a few seconds and one of a few things happen. The screen stays black and sound of video plays but picture and I cant use the escape button to exit the video and view MP again. Or MP will crash and show my desktop minus my task bar and I have to restart to fix it. Or the video will flicker for a second, return to the main screen of MP and be in a much lower resolution where I cant see all of the screen. All of these items require me to restart my HTPC to fix.

I tried upgrading to 1.3 Beta last night to see if it would fix it and it actually made the problem worse. It does not appear to be a codec issue as I dont have this problem with any other player. I am currently using SAF Codec with an Intel HD4500 graphics card connected via HDMI to a TV. I have made sure that I have the newest drivers for everything as well.

If anyone can offer some advice I would really appreciate it as this problem is driving me crazy. Thanks.

-Sayajin
 

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    648
    281
    Leeds
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Without logs, very difficult, but few things to consider:

    1) Content - what't the access path, local or networked - if networked, could it be your loosing the link;

    2) Windows Screen saver - could it be cutting in;

    3) Do you have other scheduled tasks which may be interfering with service;

    4) Random 'interference' on your remote (dodgy handset, other controller in operation) or network (mircowave, washing machine, etc).

    Having seen all of the above causing issues (not in MePo other than screen saver:) over the years, worth eliminating.

    Cheers - J.
     

    Sayajin

    Portal Member
    October 6, 2012
    39
    1
    34
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry, I completely forgot about log files. I have attached a few from last night where I was having issues. Does this shed any light? Thanks.

    -Sayajin
     

    Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

    OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    A [solved] How to Play All Videos in a List watch/edit Videos 3
    B MP 2.2.3 Error playing videos from NAS Submit: Bug Reports 2
    C Problem playing videos created on IPhone X and Samsung S9 General Support 2
    T [solved] "Unable To Play" (Videos) rears it's head again. Logs not possible... WatchDog error attached!! :( General Support 1
    Terra Videos do not start playing on first attempt, always have to press play twice General Support 9
    P 1080 X 1920 videos playing incorrectly General Support 5
    cladinshadows85 [solved] Audio playing mutiple times over video and crashing General 8
    Terra some H265 videos stay black, audio is playing General Support 4
    framug RED DOT recording state doesn't appear in video fullscreen playing 1.21 256
    P Video and audio stutters after playing TV recording for few minutes 1.19 0
    J amazon plays sound but no video OnlineVideos for MediaPortal 2 0
    C Video files won't play, Tv works fine watch/edit Videos 4
    M WTV Files does not play on client, MPEG files works well General 0
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not shuffle Fanart Handler 20
    horned_reaper [solved] No Fanart when playing Fanart Handler 115
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not appear immediately after downloading Fanart Handler 272
    N Play a TV recording needs a double selection - twice ok on remote Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    M MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing General 31
    Z Error when attempting to play Blu Ray General 1
    Rob Hexenmeister Playing with hyperlinkParameter and List Control indexes General Support 2
    2BitSculptor MP 1.23.. music stops playing General Support 6
    C Attempt to play DVD locks up MediaPortal watch/edit Videos 0
    H Unable to play stream - again... Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    B Suddenly MP is unable to play anything Watch / Listen Media 6
    Edwardfc [solved] Mp 2.2.1 Configuration Issues - Goes to Sleep while playing Music General 6
    Similar threads

























    Top Bottom