One remote to rule them all? (1 Viewer)

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
Hi guys I'm currently i the hunt for a remote I can use with my HTPC, TV & Tuner Card and was hoping someone could make a suggestion.

I currently have an MCE box with the old style MCE remote, my TV remote & my remote that came with my old Hauppauge card. Thats 3 remotes to effectivly run MCE. In the next month or two I plan to start work on my new MP box & will again face the same issue unless I can locate a remote capable of doing all 3 jobs - does such a thing exist?

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
How do either of those remotes handle cursor movements? I need the ability to move the cursor like I was using a mouse, and from what I've read most remotes (with the exception of the all in wonder) using the pad like the arrows keys - moving through menu's etc. menu navigation is secondary to me, cursor control is more important.

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
fathead said:
How do either of those remotes handle cursor movements?

you have to use arrows for it, deppends on the IR-resiver and it's software if it has som claver way to emulate it.

why do you need a mouse for a HTPC? you are gonna run other things besides MP a guess...

/BigAl

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
In itself, the MCE remote, with the IR extenders can make the other two obsolete. May be less glossy than other proposed solutions, but it's no problem whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom