OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Any of you guys also have the urge sometimes if a video takes long to load to press back or stop in onlinevideos? I do sometimes, and so does my girlfriend.
However I already told her never to do that because most of the time it makes MP crash. Or at least MP does not really crash but becomes unresponsive.
It seems like some threading problem.
I'd like a solution for this (because this will happen from time to time). Currently my internetspeeds aren't that great. Is there anything I can do to prevent this (except for not using the plug or getting a better connection ;))?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any of you guys also have the urge sometimes if a video takes long to load to press back or stop in onlinevideos? I do sometimes, and so does my girlfriend.
    However I already told her never to do that because most of the time it makes MP crash. Or at least MP does not really crash but becomes unresponsive.
    It seems like some threading problem.
    I'd like a solution for this (because this will happen from time to time). Currently my internetspeeds aren't that great. Is there anything I can do to prevent this (except for not using the plug or getting a better connection ;))?

I know of that problem and have tried to solve it, but I think someone from the core team will need to look at that. The "freezing" happen when the call to the internal directshow play (g_Player) is made and it constructs the directshow graph. Whsen the source filter is added it mostly buffers a large part of the file from the web and then starts playback. I tried to do the buffering ina background thread to keep MediaPortal responsive, but as soon as the graph is constructed (RenderGraph) MediaPortal freezes no matter if it's done in a background thread or not :(.

Fab55

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

first of all:

Thank you for your PlugIn - it is great!!!

Two things:
    - Is it possible to fastforward a video (youtube for example)? Everytime I try it, the video starts from beginning.

- When I watch in fullscreen and press than the 'Back' button on my MCE-Remote, the video is in a small window and I can see the other videos (to select). That is fine - but, how can I switch back to the video, so it is in fullscreen again?

Thank you!

Fab55

frgo

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hi,

I have some problems with apple trailers lately, even with the new 0.9.8. All older trailers work and most but not all of the new ones don't. I guess something has changed at apple and the problem is not codec related. Does anyone have any solutions? Thanks.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

first of all:

Two things:
    - Is it possible to fastforward a video (youtube for example)? Everytime I try it, the video starts from beginning.

- When I watch in fullscreen and press than the 'Back' button on my MCE-Remote, the video is in a small window and I can see the other videos (to select). That is fine - but, how can I switch back to the video, so it is in fullscreen again?

Thank you!

Fab55

By pressing the 'X' key you can toggle between fullscreen and gui view.

HTH

grubi.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,

first of all:

Two things:

Thank you!

Fab55

Sounds to me like you've got some buttons mapped incorrectly on your remote

mat123

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hi,

first of all:

Two things:

Thank you!

Fab55

Press the red button on your MCE remote (bottom-left) to go fullscreen, and again to minimize ;)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    offbyone, hope assist me with this..

i am trying to use this kind of logic in the skin:

<control>
    <description>Description Value</description>
    <type>textboxscrollup</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>1420</posX>
    <posY>430</posY>
    <width>480</width>
    <height>300</height>
    <label>#OnlineVideos.desc</label>
    <font>font13</font>
    <visible>!Control.IsVisible(51)+facadeview.list</visible>
    </control>

that means, i only want to show details (description) when in facade list view.. now, i restart mp (important), enter plugin, enter category, and video list is loaded (facade is in list view already) but nothing is shown in the description.. i have to cycle through the views (small thumb, large thumb and back to list) for the control with description to show.. i think it might be some problem with the initialization of the plugin but hope you can help..

in apple trailers, when you are in video view, there is only videoname property filled.. you go into details and back, now there is the description too! can you make it load the descriptions from the start?

thanks!

wojciech_ste

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Vienna/Austria
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    HI,
    There are still problems with Blue3Wide skin, It's not possible to have side bar with this screen.
    With Bue3 works fine.
    I have MP 1.1 and WinVistaSP2.
    Thanks for help!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom