OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (10 Viewers)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    When i look in my debug log files, it shows my username and password, is this normal??
    Well its "normal" for Viaplay because I need to do a get request with credentials as query parameters when logging in (I actually noticed this myself not long ago)

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Looks like I spoke too soon! I tested it working with a show, powered down my htpc, just tried again now and got the same white screen problem again. I'll get some logs together again tonight to post and I'll also try to do the full clean install again. I did find during the test that the stop button on my remote did not respond and neither did the green media centre button so I used the back button to get out of the netflix plugin. Not sure if this inadvertently did something?

UPDATE: Logs Attached, only edited the Netflix authentication details, everything else left as is

UPDATE 2: I completed the full reinstall again (uninstall OV in MPEI, Uninstall Source Filter in MPEI, Clear cache in MPEI, delete Online Videos folder under Mediaportal\plugins\process\Windows) and it worked. I started playing 2 videos and they started ok. I rebooted and tested again, still working. I enabled the BrowserHost writedebuglog to "true" so I can attach working logs to compare but when trying I got the white screen for a second issue again. I then tried the above full reinstall and enabled the writedebuglog value to "true" again before running MP again and it got the white screen again. So I'm not having any luck getting a 'working' log for comparison and I'm back to no netflix again.

This is a very frustrating issue that it seems a few people are having, I'm happy to help try to solve this by trying various tests if it means we can get to the bottom of it for everyone, just let me know what you'd like me to try.
    Exactly like my problem, and I did the same as you describe in update 2...

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    UPDATE 2: I completed the full reinstall again (uninstall OV in MPEI, Uninstall Source Filter in MPEI, Clear cache in MPEI, delete Online Videos folder under Mediaportal\plugins\process\Windows) and it worked. I started playing 2 videos and they started ok. I rebooted and tested again, still working. I enabled the BrowserHost writedebuglog to "true" so I can attach working logs to compare but when trying I got the white screen for a second issue again. I then tried the above full reinstall and enabled the writedebuglog value to "true" again before running MP again and it got the white screen again. So I'm not having any luck getting a 'working' log for comparison and I'm back to no netflix again.

This is really strange...
    Does it work if you restore write debug log to false?
    If not does it work if you reinstall again? Do this:
    1. Clean reinstall
    2. Disable automatic update in config and enter credentials
    3. Try to play something
    4. If it works update your sites to get the latest version of the ministerk dll
    5. Try again
    6. If it works, reenable the write debug log
    7. Try again...
    @Jason Pyke this is strange...

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    It looks like it's struggling to instantiate one of the OV dlls, which is odd. There was originally some code in there (until the end of last year), which set a path context for some of the dlls, it's possible reinstating this may have a positive effect.

I've got a busy bank holiday weekend, but I'll see if I can send a test version over some time next week.[DOUBLEPOST=1428080795][/DOUBLEPOST]
    When i look in my debug log files, it shows my username and password, is this normal??
    Well its "normal" for Viaplay because I need to do a get request with credentials as query parameters when logging in (I actually noticed this myself not long ago)

The debug log is set to only output the username (although I'll probably remove this), is there any reason Viaplay can't use the separate username/password fields and combine them at playback time?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The debug log is set to only output the username (although I'll probably remove this), is there any reason Viaplay can't use the separate username/password fields and combine them at playback time?
    The password showing in OnlineVideos.log when debug log level is set, it is GetWebData log entry not related to browser player.

glenb83

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2009
    Home Country

This is really strange...
    Does it work if you restore write debug log to false?
    If not does it work if you reinstall again? Do this:
    1. Clean reinstall
    2. Disable automatic update in config and enter credentials
    3. Try to play something
    4. If it works update your sites to get the latest version of the ministerk dll
    5. Try again
    6. If it works, reenable the write debug log
    7. Try again...
    @Jason Pyke this is strange...
    Here's what I tried in order:
    1. Clean boot from power off as is (debugging on) - white screen issue
    2. Close MP, change debugging to false (no reboot) - white screen issue
    3. Close MP, clean reinstall (keep settings) and untick (blank) 'update sites on first load' in config (although download update info did run as part of the install) (no reboot) - working OK
    4. Exit MP. Reopen MP (no reboot) - working OK
    5. Exit MP. Re-enabled 'update sites on first load' 'Only every 0 hours'. Reopen MP. Sites updated on entering OV. - white screen issue.
    6. Reboot HTPC, try again (sites updated on entering OV automatically again) - white screen issue
    7. Close MP, untick (blank) 'update sites on first load' and change value to 24 then clean reinstall as per [3.] above - working OK
    8. Close MP, Reopen MP (no reboot) - working OK
    9. Reboot from within MP. Try again - working OK

No further testing has been done, I'll leave site update turned off for now and test over the next couple of days and report back if it stops working again, otherwise it would seem to be a problem with site updates presumably?

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    3. Close MP, clean reinstall (keep settings) and untick (blank) 'update sites on first load' in config (although download update info did run as part of the install) (no reboot) - working OK
    5. Exit MP. Re-enabled 'update sites on first load' 'Only every 0 hours'. Reopen MP. Sites updated on entering OV. - white screen issue.
    6. Reboot HTPC, try again (sites updated on entering OV automatically again) - white screen issue
    7. Close MP, untick (blank) 'update sites on first load' and change value to 24 then clean reinstall as per [3.] above - working OK

No further testing has been done, I'll leave site update turned off for now and test over the next couple of days and report back if it stops working again, otherwise it would seem to be a problem with site updates presumably?

Hi

Going to keep this short not at home an don the phone.

Could you try this;
    Delete or move the ministerk dll from the online videos plugin folder, turn on auto update or force an update from manage sites. An UAC message will appear, click allow/ok.

Do you still get a white screen or does it work as it should do?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @zekaja do you still have problems with the browserplayer? Is this only with Netflix but not with Viaplay?
    If you have problems could you try this?
    Could you try this;
    Delete or move the ministerk dll from the online videos plugin folder, turn on auto update or force an update from manage sites. An UAC message will appear, click allow/ok.

glenb83

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2009
    Home Country

Hi

Going to keep this short not at home an don the phone.

Could you try this;

Do you still get a white screen or does it work as it should do?
    Hi Ministerk,

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your help with this. So far with auto update off netflix has been working as intended since my last post. As per your request above, I did the following:

1. Moved ministerk.dll to desktop
    2. Enabled auto update sites in config and set value to 0 hours
    3. Opened MP and OV, auto update of sites completed (no UAC prompt but I have UAC off in Windows anyway).
    4. Opened netflix - white screen on play.
    5. Opened config, disabled auto update, moved ministerk.dll from desktop back to onlinevideos folder and overwrite the newly created file
    6. Test again - white screen
    7. Perform clean install of OV again and keep auto update off - works correctly

Definitely seems to be a problem with one of the dll files downloaded during the update, but seemingly not the ministerk.dll file? Happy to try to help further to resolve this.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Ministerk,

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your help with this. So far with auto update off netflix has been working as intended since my last post. As per your request above, I did the following:

1. Moved ministerk.dll to desktop
    2. Enabled auto update sites in config and set value to 0 hours
    3. Opened MP and OV, auto update of sites completed (no UAC prompt but I have UAC off in Windows anyway).
    4. Opened netflix - white screen on play.
    5. Opened config, disabled auto update, moved ministerk.dll from desktop back to onlinevideos folder and overwrite the newly created file
    6. Test again - white screen
    7. Perform clean install of OV again and keep auto update off - works correctly

Definitely seems to be a problem with one of the dll files downloaded during the update, but seemingly not the ministerk.dll file? Happy to try to help further to resolve this.

This might be a strange request... but can you turn on UAC to the default level and try again?

If it still does not work can you try to remove possible streams information of the new/updated non working ministerk dll

You can then remove the files stream information with the Streams util, use this command to remove the streams from the file:

Code:
    streams.exe -d OnlineVideos.Sites.ministerk.dll

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom