MP2 - Spring'16 OnlineVideos browser player is not shown on top (1 Viewer)

elorentz

Portal Pro
July 6, 2006
Hi,

Heving issues with the mp2 staying on top of the netflix player in the online videos plugin. I can hear the video start but the mp Ui stays on top of the video,if I let it continue playing in background the video player will occassionally be brought to front for a brief second before the mp Ui again takes frontrow.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Heving issues with the mp2 staying on top of the netflix player in the online videos plugin.
    Thanks for posting feedback! From my own experience I know Amazon Prime is working correctly in front of MP2 GUI, so we need more information.

There is a new diagnostic plugin, which can help in finding focusing issues like your one: please download the plugin from here. Extract it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins and start MP2 client.
    Inside settings you will find new options (check linked post for details). Please enable DEBUG level for logging and the "enable logging of potential focus steeling". Then playback a netflix title from OV plugin. Finally collect the logfiles and add them here.

Another hint:
    You can switch between 3 MP2-window modes (Fullscreen, Windowed on top, Windowed) by ALT-ENTER. This is helpful for testing.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oops ;) So here a short summary and the needed plugin:
    The deal:
    Provide to the user functionality around logs as easily as possible. I thought a little as described in the wiki.

The features:
    - Enable DEBUG logging in Client.
    - Enable logging of potential focus steeling.
    - Collect log files.

Attachments

• Diagnostics.zip
      12.5 KB

aj84

July 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Heving issues with the mp2 staying on top of the netflix player in the online videos plugin. I can hear the video start but the mp Ui stays on top of the video,if I let it continue playing in background the video player will occassionally be brought to front for a brief second before the mp Ui again takes frontrow.
    +1, having the same issue. Searched the forum and only found elorentz post. Although I'm using MP2 Spring'16 Release Netflix behaves exactly as described. Even if I manually bring the "OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe" window to the top it only stays there a few minutes until MP2 Window is shown again...

From my own experience I know Amazon Prime is working correctly in front of MP2 GUI, so we need more information.

There is a new diagnostic plugin, [...]

Another hint:
    You can switch between 3 MP2-window modes (Fullscreen, Windowed on top, Windowed) by ALT-ENTER. This is helpful for testing.
    Installed the diagnostic plugin and captured "starting a netflix stream" three times traversing the MP windo modes: 1) FullScreen 2) NormalWindowed 3) WindowedOnTop
    Anything else I could do?

Attachments

• Client.zip
      18.8 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I changed some things inside WebBrowserPlayer, so that it should stay on top. You can use "Enter" (or "OK") to place the browser on top of the MP2 GUI. Restoring to fullscreen then happens with "Red" key on your remote control.

@aj84 can you please install and test this version?

aj84

July 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using the new version I am not able to login: "Error logging in or loading profiles. Please try again" after selecting netflix in the onlinevideos-section...not sure if it is the new version or another problem... Any hint (log attached)?

Attachments

• Client.zip
      10.9 KB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Using the new version I am not able to login: "Error logging in or loading profiles. Please try again" after selecting netflix in the onlinevideos-section...not sure if it is the new version or another problem... Any hint (log attached)?
    I think it's the site that's broken and not this version, see post here.

aj84

July 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    Your version (20160721-MP2-OnlineVideos.7z) fixed it for me - Thank you very much! Will you implement the bugfix into the next weekly snapshot?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for reporting back. Yes the fix will be included in next Weekly build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom