OnlineVideos JSON parsing (3 Viewers)

howudodat

Portal Pro
February 20, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
  1. I need to clear the plugin's cache of categories and videos when the user goes back and changes the language (DiscoverDynamicCategories). How can I do that?
  2. One category is audio only, no video. How can I get OnlineVideos to play an audio only file? I get an error about no video to render.
  3. In the configuration options..a bool ends up with a sub menu of TRUE/FALSE. That's kind of lame. How can that just be a simple toggle?
  4. How can a mp4 with embedded subtitles (not burnt in) be told to not play the subtitles?

1. No need to manually clear the categories. When the user opens the site config dialog and changes anything the site is completely recreated (new instance).
2. OnlineVideos currently only supports videos. (Hence the name ;) ) So you'll have to filter out hese links.
3. Not sure why it is that way, maybe in MP1 I didn't find any other way back when I implemented it.
4. I guess the embedded subtitle track is marked as forced. The subtitle rendering is done by the MP player. Can you at least disable it while playing same as when playing a local file with subs?

1. The language is not configured in the site config, there's already over a hundred languages on the site, so the languages is actually the first level of the categories. hence the need to clear the cache. I cant find a way to make a site config entry as a list, even less likely multiple selection list. And in the case of our family, we want multiple languages shown as the top level as we speak English, French, Haitian Creole, Swahilli and are working on Lingala. (STRIKEOUT: I find that when I change languages (top level category) it doesn't re-query the subcategory. /STRIKEOUT for some reason I just tested this again and it is re-querying now...not sure what I changed, if it pops up again, I'll let you know.)
2. That's what I figured, however the site has a combination of audio and video, any thought of making that an option in online videos, for sites that offer up both videos and music?
3. Got it.
4. Yes, I can turn them off with "L". For videos, Subtitles mode selection is set to "Subtitles will only display forced subtitles". I dont believe they are forced.
When I toggle them, they are listed as: ENG [CORE MEDIA SUBTITLE (TX3G)] 1/1
And a new question:
5. Any way to make a certain channel be a shortcut on the home screen?

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Getting a list of entries in the context menu would be possible with an enum. But if you need to query the website for the entries, then you need to create a custom context menu (for an example see
    SiteUtilProject: offbyone, class YouTubeV3Util, method: GetContextMenuEntries)
    But the context menu does not allow multi-selection - so far this was not needed :)
    You can simply create a string field and therefore allow the user to manually enter a comma separated list that you manually parse in your code.
    If you want to always be called to create categories again, never set the CategoriesDiscovered to true.This goes for subcategories as well.

Allowing OnlineVideos to play audio only files would be a pretty big task, as there is a lot of things to change and consider for that.I don't have the time for this at the moment.

If you want your site as shortcut on the MediaPortal Home screen you need to edit the skin or use a "BasicHomeEditor" that comes with some skins. It is possible as OnlineVideos can be called with a startup parameter.

howudodat

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2007
    Home Country
    ok, for now I am leaving the languages in the main level of categories. I have 2 config options one true/false to show all languages and the other a string of languages to filter on.
    I have filtered out audio for the moment
    Now there are two remaining issues:
    1. subtitles, any way to force them off?
    2. There is a section that just does streaming (streams a video, then another then another). Not sure how I'll attack this one yet.

howudodat

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2007
    Home Country
    the site is tv.jw.org

so for streaming the data is basically a list of files, current file, current time, all in json. It would seem to me the steps (if possible) would be:
    Code:
    foreach video in videolist
        add video to playlist
    set playlist to auto repeat
    start playing #1, seek to current time

I have no idea how to make this happen.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can create multipart videos (example: see southpark), it will present itself as one video in the list.
    An alternative is using the submenu (F9) to select "Play all"
    The only thing missing is the repeat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom