Only first pressed channel number appears in OSD (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Could you test if attached version works?
That version works but it doesn't fix the issue described in this thread.
OK for some reason the issue is now fixed. Maybe it required restarting the TV service? Using the provided DLL, I now get proper channel numbers appearing on the OSD on my HTPC (standalone). I haven't yet tried it on my other client machines though!

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
I may have spotted a bug since I have a problem that has only started today. When I get a "recording stopped" or "recording started" message, it keeps reappearing. I have to press "back" a few times quickly to get rid of them.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks!
    Could you post a screenshot of this message so may I can reproduce?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    It's the standard messages built into MP that show when a recording stops or starts. Usually they go away after a few seconds or when you hit "back" or "enter" but now, when I get rid of the message it just reappears. I have to press "back" about 6 times to make them stop completely.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you check if the behaviour is gone with the original TVPlugin.dll which comes with MP 1.2.3. (replace my provided one)

Is this window caused by this setting?
    =TVNotifier.png

I don't get any window you discribed while starting a record.. I haven't ticked the option in the screenshot above tho.

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Yes, the "Recording notifications". I can't test it until this evening, sorry.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks!
    I tested it one moment ago and for me there is no problem to close it by clicking one time enter on the remote.
    It is also very unlikely that this problem is caused by the new .dll because there was only a very little change (!= to ==) in TVZapOSD.cs. If there appear problems they should be related to ZapOSD.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I just went back to the default MP 1.2.3 version of TvPlugin.dll and the problem went away.

So, something to do with your test version of TvPlugin.dll is causing the repeating "Recording notifications" issue (or causing something else to cause the issue). :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I just went back to the default MP 1.2.3 version of TvPlugin.dll and the problem went away.

So, something to do with your test version of TvPlugin.dll is causing the repeating "Recording notifications" issue (or causing something else to cause the issue). :)

Can you test again now, making sure you stop the TV service, copy the 'fixed' plugin in and rebooting? Then if it does it again, we can be sure there is a problem.

Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom