Only lowres TV picture with PVR150MCE (1 Viewer)

rodofumi

Portal Member
January 29, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I upgraded to the latest driver --> still the same problem.

More and more frustrated, I unchecked the quality control checkbox et voila! All TV-channels are displayed in good quality.

I scanned through the buglist but can't find anything about this problem, I think it has something to do with my specific configuration, although I have not the most exotic of hardware and a almost clean install of Windows XP...

Thanx guys, I feel sorry there are no Kudo's to give away here:D

FYI, I didn't download the latest nightly build.

xemumanic

Portal Pro
March 19, 2006
East Strondsburg PA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I know exactly what the issue is. There's some sort of option within MP where you set the quality level. That option doesn't work, and trust me, you messed with it. I forget exactly which one it is since I use the TV server now, but its where you select the level of quality, by bitrate I believe.

Its the first issue I had when I got my 150MCE.

EDIT: Talk about not paying attention, you found it already.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello guys,

I would like to work on fixing this. At least for the quality control. If you would be interested in testing fixes, I would appreciate it.

ricbal

Portal Member
    February 13, 2007
    Another problem with 150MCE

Hey,

After a month worth of good quality, my HTPC machine has crashed...
    After a fresh install, what a surprise....
    There is simply NO WAY to get my 150MCE to work properly...
    I am using its SuperVideo input with a Sky set top box...
    The problem is that the image looks like having squares in it and (worse, much worse), I can get no colors in the image. I'm lying, it looks like if the software is trying to show the proper colors and has no success...
    I started to think the problem was with my board, but it works perfectly with both MCE and the TV software from Hauppauge....
    Any help??? I can post the a log file if you want...
    I have already done two fresh reinstalls (Windows MCE, drivers, updates, MCE with latest SVN, etc)...
    What I dont understand is why before a fresh resinstall the problem still persists (and I was working perfectly with the SVN version from 04/04).
    Any ideas?
    Please help :( :( :( - I became a fan of MediaPortal and would rate to have to use another software....
    Regards,
    ricbal

ricbal

Portal Member
    February 13, 2007
    Just a notice.. I do think the problem is related to the fact I'm in Brazil (and then need to use PAL-M/NTSC-M on the board). This way the color gets mixed up...
    If you see in the log file.. mediaportal was unable to change the capture frame size...
    May be this is the problem??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom