Only MP Audio Renderer working? (1 Viewer)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi,
    A few weeks back my system lost all audio playback and after much clcking around I discovered the audio renderer codecs were the problem
    The only way I can get audio now on my TV and Video playback is using the MP audio renderer
    My system codecs show but if selected do not playback audio
    I am getting some syncing problems with TV playback and I have to mess about with the delay, however this is not a great issue
    What is bugging me is speed problems with Music Video that run way too fast and I would welcome any help to reveal why I am unable to use the alternatives
    Hope someone can spot what has happened
    Any advice gratefully received
    Regards
    TW

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A few weeks back my system lost all audio playback and after much clcking around I discovered the audio renderer codecs were the problem
    Are you sure it wasn't something much simpler like MP volume being muted either within MP (press the "m" key to toggle mute on/off) or in Windows (use ALT + ENTER to switch to Windowed mode, then check out the volume settings in the Windows system tray)?

I am getting some syncing problems with TV playback and I have to mess about with the delay...
    That's probably because the LAV audio codec's "auto A/V sync correction" option is enabled. It's one or the other; LAV option or MPAR; not both. I'd recommend the LAV option and not using MPAR for TV because MPAR can introduce problems with TV.

Hope someone can spot what has happened
    Sorry, not with those log files. I can only see you using MPAR, so haven't a hope of helping with the other audio renderer(s).

In short, my recommendations:
    1. Check that the original issue wasn't a simple mute and/or volume issue.
      • If it was:
        • for TV, go back to using the normal DirectSound renderer
        • for non-TV (videos, DVDs etc.), you can continue to use MPAR if you want... or go back to DirectSound
      • If it wasn't, provide fresh log files that actually show you attempting to play a video using a DirectSound audio renderer
    2. For the sync issue:
      1. Don't use MPAR for TV. That should solve the problem with TV.
      2. If you're going to use the LAV audio codec in combination with MPAR for non-TV, disable LAV audio codec's "auto A/V sync correction" option.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi mm1352000 and thank you for your help
    Over the past few weeks since the problem occured I tried all sorts of configurations
    Even removed and updated the system and nVidia drivers as I was suspicious that it was a Microsoft problem (although I have updates switched off)
    I have switched the codecs many times
    Direct sound nVidia was what I was using before the problem
    I suspect the LAV auto A/V sync is on because tthat was the setting before the problem first appeared
    This will have to be switched off I guess because I can only use MPAR if I want audio playback
    I will try again and do another log file
    Thanks again for your help
    Very much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom