Open MP on Windows Startup Screen Size (1 Viewer)

waubeno52

Portal Member
December 29, 2011
I am having an issue trying to set the setting to have MP open on Windows startup. Everything works fine when I start up Windows without that option checked, but with that option checked when I startup windows and MP opens automatically my screen resolution seems to be off, the text for everything is too big and the video is zoomed in as well. I looked around in th forums and setting with no luck. Any help would be great!

1.2.2:
SreamedMP:
Windows 7 32:
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi waubeno52

Sounds like your video drivers are not fully initiliased at MP's startup, to work around this, go to MP config\general\startup resume settings and enable the delay startup, lets say 15 seconds.
    See if that resolves it, if not increase by 5 secs.

Good luck

waubeno52

Portal Member
    December 29, 2011
    Thanks PD...I did give that a try. I stated at 15 seconds and did increments of 5 up to 25 with no luck. Still the same results. I tried both way with ant without the checkbox that says "upon MP startup" Any other ideas? I looked in the streamedMP settings and nothing looked like it would change that, same in MP Config...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Does this also happen with DefaultWide skin!!

After that we would need logs, see my sig on how, and upload and attach using forum advanced + feature.

waubeno52

Portal Member
    December 29, 2011
    Just tried that in Default wide with the same effect. I will provide logs but just need to know where to find them. DO you just want me to copy/paste text into here from the logs? Just let me know where to find them and I will do that.

Thanks

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Does the actual screen resolution of your desktop change, or is it the same resolution but with overscan or is just the MediaPortal GUI 'oversized'? (Maybe provide a screenshot.)

waubeno52

Portal Member
    December 29, 2011
    I was thinking I should provide a screenshot, but I have to get ready for work, so I will do it later. But for now to explain it better its just seems like the fonts in the gui or the gui in general gets bigger, but none of the screen gets cut off, so I don't think its an overscan issue, just the icons and fonts are bigger and because they are the kind of overlap each other...will provide a screenshot and logs soon....

waubeno52

Portal Member
    December 29, 2011
    Here are 6 screenshots...first three are of how it is with MP open on windows startup with oversized font...I added the other three to show what it normally looks like just in case you need it.

Attachments

• 09-49-51.jpg
      09-49-51.jpg
      156.3 KB
    • 09-50-00.png
      09-50-00.png
      931.4 KB
    • 09-50-08.png
      09-50-08.png
      835.4 KB
    • 09-51-09.png
      09-51-09.png
      829.9 KB
    • 09-51-18.png
      09-51-18.png
      536.9 KB
    • 09-51-23.png
      09-51-23.png
      457.7 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Ok can see your problem, just a couple of questions, what is your screen resolution, also have you got windows dpi settings enlarged, ie not 96dpi.

After that we need logs to try and find out why this is happening (see my sig)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom