AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hello all,

Now DVB-t support has been added to MP I decided to explore this nice piece of software in more detail. I've got most things to work as I want, although I do still have a lot of fine-tuning and experimenting to do before I will start using it as my main HTPC app.

Unfortunately I live in an area where broadband is still not available. This means that I can't play any of the high bandwidth Shoutcast streams. However, I recently discovered a range of streams that are based on the aacPlus codec (www.opticodec.net). It is actually quite amazing how good these streams sound, even at 32k! I have to use Winamp (or foobar2000) to play these streams and I was hoping I could configure MP in such a way that pls files are redirected to Winamp.

I installed the latest version of Winamp and all pls files play fine. I then activated the Winamp plugin in MP, and assigned the pls and mp3 file extensions to it. This setup works for mp3 files; every mp3 I play in MP is played in Winamp. However, pls files are not redirected to Winamp. Anything else I should try?

Thanks in advance,

Pieter

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I'm afraid not. I got hopefull when I found AACPlayer, which includes DirectShow filters, but unfortunately this also didn't work. We now have broadband here since August last year, so I never explored it any further. I still think it would be useful to be able to play AAC+ streams in MP, because the format is getting more popular every day.

CinOxen

January 26, 2006
    From looking at the logs it appears as if MP sees pls files as "Radio" and mp3/wav/etc as "music" so maybe there is something rather large to get it to work which would explain why it's never been fixed.

Congratulations on getting broadband - the only way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom