Opening MediaPortal using RemoteControl for Media Center. (1 Viewer)

Miszczu

Portal Member
December 7, 2011
Home Country
Poland Poland
English is my second language so I wll propably make some mistakes. Don't shout at me please:)

I want to open MediaPortal using remote control. Can I switch Media Center for Media Portal? I want to do this with this button which open Windows Media Center now. I have Windows 7.
Thanks for help :).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome Miszczu :)

Yes, you can do that. The instructions are in our wiki -->here<-- (English - perhaps you can use Google Translate to translate).

mm

Miszczu

Portal Member
    December 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Thanks for help! You are the best I asked that question on five diffrent Polish forums and I didn't get any answer :) Now MediaPortal is easier to use.

Miszczu

Portal Member
    December 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I have two more questions:
    1. I did this opening but now MediaPortal after opening isn't in front of the screen. I mean the Start menu and widgets cover it and I have to click with mouse on it. Can it be open in front at the beginning?
    2. I tried to install new skin to MP, but when it was installing some plugins are installed wrong (from that skin) and now i can't go to the menu Plugins in MediaPortal Configuration. I want to reinstall it, but MP isn't supporting any Polish grabber so I did all the covers etc. myself and i I don't want to lose it. Where can I find these information? Or maybe you can help me with this problem: Imageshack - 90286339.jpg.
    Sorry for posting twice but I can't find edit option :).
    Thanks for help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

1. I did this opening but now MediaPortal after opening isn't in front of the screen. I mean the Start menu and widgets cover it and I have to click with mouse on it. Can it be open in front at the beginning?
    Please try to enable the "keep MediaPortal always on top" option in the "startup/resume settings" subsection of the "general" section in MediaPortal configuration (-->here<--).

2. I tried to install new skin to MP, but when it was installing some plugins are installed wrong (from that skin) and now i can't go to the menu Plugins in MediaPortal Configuration. I want to reinstall it, but MP isn't supporting any Polish grabber so I did all the covers etc. myself and i I don't want to lose it. Where can I find these information? Or maybe you can help me with this problem: Imageshack - 90286339.jpg.
    Sorry, my ISP has implemented a filter that prevents me from seeing the picture (imageshack.us is blocked). I think you can find what you're looking for in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ (that is a hidden folder so either paste the path into the Windows Explorer address bar or enable viewing of hidden files and folders). The video and music databases are in the "database" subdirectory and the images are in the "thumbs" subdirectory.

mm
    :)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Miszczu, welcome :)

I moved your thread to the General Support section since it seems a better fit for your questions than Operating System.

I can't find edit option
    at the bottom-right of each of your own posts you shoud see an edit button.

Imageshack - 90286339.jpg.
    Use the advanced mode on the forum to attach pictures on the forum.
    Attachments - MediaPortal Wiki

Miszczu

Portal Member
    December 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi again!

I'm so stupid because I didn't find option "always on top".

I think now I have uploaded that image properly.

Ok. I think that is my database, but I will wait maybe there is way to repair my problem without reinstalling.

Thanks for help:).

Attachments

• 90286339.jpg
      90286339.jpg
      167.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, interesting problem.

NLog is definitely something that must have been installed by a plugin - possibly MovingPictures. The message means that the NLog.dll file is missing. You could possibly get the missing DLL from -->here<-- (the "NLog-1.0-Refresh-bin.zip" option), and I *think* you would need to put it in the MediaPortal install folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal). I'm not 100% sure about that though.

mm

Miszczu

Portal Member
    December 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Ok, that helped. Thank you a lot:)
    Could you recommend me a skin which wouldn't cause that kind of problems? I really don't like this standart skin:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom