optimizing mp? (1 Viewer)

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 (2006-07-03)
MediaPortal Skin: MCE
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: InterVideo NonCSS Audio Decoder for Hauppauge
Video Codec: InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 2200+
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: KM266A-8237
TV Card Model: -
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6200 (512 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1280x720
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: C-Media AC97 Audio Device
Audio Card Driver: -

It usually takes me like 5-15 seconds when watching a video to exit from the video, and like 30 seconds to bring up the on screen display. Any way to speed these up? Also i was told that on the osd it has a sub button, i cant find it. Any suggestions?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    The latest stable patch has a lot of speed improvements, but I would also suggest loading up WinDVD and checking any settings there for turning on DVXA or hardware acceleration. The codecs should support this, but the option may not be enabled. There may also be a setting for this in the decoder section of MP config.

Can you also tell us what type of videos these are? Maybe your decoder for DivX/XVid or whatever is faulty?

keith2045

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2006
    Missouri
    Home Country
    Turning on hardware acceleration worked. Thanks

Any suggestions on the sub button? I cant find it in the osb

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Glad to hear it worked :)
    The new version of MP has great response times.

For the sub titles, I never use them myself, but I think if you have a Euro MCE remote it's one of the colour buttons. Possible green.

Have you looked in Configuration/General/keys (or something like that) to see if there is a key that is bound to that function? This is where all the keymapping is displayed.

keith2045

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2006
    Missouri
    Home Country
    Well i guess it didnt work (the response thing). It only seems to slow down on newer xvid videos that i have added, the older ones work fine. The 2 problems (subtitles and response) seem to be related.

All my new files have subtitle files with them, the older ones dont. Well some older ones have .srt, but the newer ones have .idx and .sub. The system seemed to work fine with .srt files. But when i try to extract the subtitles from the vobs, the .srt files didnt really seem to have all of the subtitles, it missed lots of stuff, so i switched to .idx and .sub files. They work fine (well showing the subtitles they work fine). I'm using Vobsub ripper to extract them. So when watching an .idx and .sub movie the system slowed down, but not with the .srt files?!

When i try to turn off subtitles in the configuration they would stay on no matter what. I found out that when the system opens a video file with subtitles that it runs dubvobsub (or dobvobsub, cant remember uninstalled it). Now all my videos run fine, the system respondes great! Now the problem is that i have no subtitles. Do i need to have dobvobsub installed? Do i have to use .srt files? If so what subtitle ripping software do you recommend?

keith2045

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2006
    Missouri
    Home Country
    Ok i installed vobsub, all of my subtitle files work. No slow response. When i uncheck the show subtitles in the configuration, my subtitles still show up, why?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    keith2045 said:
    Ok i installed vobsub, all of my subtitle files work. No slow response. When i uncheck the show subtitles in the configuration, my subtitles still show up, why?

Which configuration are you ticking the subtitles in? If the DVD section then this will have no effect on the subtitles in movie files.

I don't think there is a subtitle option in the movie section.

If you have an MCE remote, then the yellow button is to tab through subtitles (yep, I finally got around to checking) but not sure if this is for movies as well.

keith2045

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2006
    Missouri
    Home Country
    Marcusb said:
    Which configuration are you ticking the subtitles in? If the DVD section then this will have no effect on the subtitles in movie files.

I don't think there is a subtitle option in the movie section.

If you have an MCE remote, then the yellow button is to tab through subtitles (yep, I finally got around to checking) but not sure if this is for movies as well.

Yeah i'm unchecking the one in the movie section. Movies - then the subtitle tab.

I've got a hauppauge remote, the yellow button brings up the osb (play, pause, rew, fast forward, etc..) I was told that screen had a box for subtitles, but mine doesnt, or i cant find it. I've tried to map the 'show subtitle' action to the green button, but if i cant get it to turn off with the check box, it wont work with the remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom