Ordering (1 Viewer)

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I know TV-Series can be ordered as "aired", "absolute", "DVD" and "title". This can be set during the scanning and scraping process. But this needs to be done manually for every instance of MP-TVseries. Is there a way to mark a specific series being scraped ALWAYS as, say, DVD?
I ask this because I ran into this problem when adding the series "Firefly" to my library. This series has been aired in the wrong order, whereas the DVD order is correct. So I would like to set DVD order locked to Firefly.
I already have named the series like "Firefly S01E01 Serenity", but this is not automatically picked up by the scraper. Default ordering is "aired", so this is used and this is unwanted for this specific series for me.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @fredco based on experience your best bet is to rename the files to match "Aired" import, or to manually import as DVD, but then start keeping DB3 backups aggressively, so you never have to re-import the show.

Otherwise an entire new section of configuration would need to be added were you can configure the mapping from TheTVdB series-ID to your preferred import order, and this has to be done before or during the import process which is already crammed with lot of confusing options.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @RoChess Thanks. Matching "aired" import is of course possible and the easiest. Usually this is the way to go, because aired order is almost always correct. But not with Firefly! So DVD order is very much preferred. Working with DB3 files can be done, but also has it's drawbacks. I've done this before for another reason, but this was not for me. I simply have too many installations of MP with different versions and also different versions of Windows. I like a fresh scraping of my entire library.
    I understand that coding of this into MP-TV series is too much. I was hoping for some hidden setting or maybe a workaround.
    What would be best is a central database which would need to be scraped just once and all clients draw their data from there. But if I'm correct, this is a feature in Mediaportal 2? I have given this a try already, but I miss the look and feel of various plug-ins. So sticking with 1 for now...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What would be best is a central database which would need to be scraped just once and all clients draw their data from there. But if I'm correct, this is a feature in Mediaportal 2? I have given this a try already, but I miss the look and feel of various plug-ins.
    Yes, it’s a feature of MP2. There are not many plugins, because most essential things are included by default. The look and feel depends on when you tried last time. Since MP2.3 there is Nereus as new default skin with a different look and feel. But MP2 is not a clone of MP1, so some things will be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom